Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
During pregnancy, serious changes take place in the body of the expectant mother. This period for many women is characterized by rapid weight gain, the appearance of edema, and dry skin during pregnancy is also not uncommon. The feeling of dryness and flaking most often appears in the area of the feet, legs, arms and, of course, on the face.
Causes of dry skin during pregnancy
Along with excessive dryness of the skin, a pregnant woman may experience peeling, itching. Many expectant mothers report that she becomes overly sensitive and irritable.
The main reason for this phenomenon during pregnancy is severe dehydration of the skin. This is due to the excessive waste of fluid by the body in order to ensure the performance of the most significant processes and systems. Hormonal changes, which inevitably affect all pregnant women, also play an important role in this situation.
Depends on the condition of the skin and nutrition during pregnancy. It is important to take into account that for expectant mothers it is necessary that the menu contains a sufficient amount of nutrients, it must be complete, include vitamins and minerals.
Itchy skin, especially in the area of the enlarged abdomen and chest, is most often due to the stretching of the skin.
Another point during pregnancy can be the appearance of allergic reactions. The reason for this phenomenon is again hormonal changes, as a result of which skin itching, irritation or peeling may appear.
How to properly care for dry skin during pregnancy?
For some women, dry skin is not too much of a concern. This situation does not indicate the presence of any disease. At the same time, dry skin can become unpleasant.
To alleviate the condition, experts recommend adhering to certain rules:
- Proper cleansing is necessary. To do this, wash your face with clean cool water using a specially selected foam for washing. The use of soap or other aggressive products containing alkali is contraindicated for dry skin. Too frequent water procedures are also undesirable;
- Dry skin requires special care with the use of moisturizers - creams, masks, cosmetic milk. Thanks to proper care, it retains the moisture necessary for a normal state, and can also withstand the influence of negative factors;
- It is recommended that you adhere to a correct daily routine. An important role in this case is played by full sleep and rest, which favorably affects her condition;
- The use of decorative cosmetics should be reduced to a minimum, especially for foundation and powder. And in the case of their use, it is necessary to carefully study the composition of these funds. All purchased cosmetics must be hypoallergenic;
- Medication should be limited. Since during pregnancy, they negatively affect the body as a whole, as well as the condition of the skin.
You can improve the condition of dry skin with additional humidification of the indoor air. For these purposes, it is necessary to carry out wet cleaning as often as possible, as well as use water sprayers. Special air humidifiers are especially popular today.
Face masks for dry skin during pregnancy
The best way to care for your skin is through natural cosmetics and preparations.
You can also use proven recipes for homemade masks to moisturize it, fill it with nutrients, thereby improving its condition and appearance.
- Curd mask. For cooking, you need 1 tbsp. cottage cheese and 1 tbsp. olive oil. The ingredients are thoroughly mixed and applied to the face for 15-20 minutes, after which the mask must be washed off with warm water;
- Mask with honey and egg. This mask requires 1 egg (you need to separate the white from the yolk, you only need the yolk), 1 tsp. olive oil, 2 tsp. honey. All ingredients are mixed, the composition is applied for 15 minutes, after which it is washed off with warm water;
- Oatmeal mask. To prepare this mask, you need to boil oatmeal (about one tablespoon) in water or milk. Add 1 tsp to the resulting porridge. honey. After that, it is necessary to cool the porridge until it is warm and apply for 15-20 minutes. At the end of the procedure, rinse the mixture with warm water.
You can also add a few drops of essential oil to all masks for dry skin during pregnancy. This will make the procedure more pleasant, and the skin will acquire a delicate scent. For these purposes, you can use chamomile, orange, sandalwood or rose oils. The main rule that must be observed in this case will be moderation (no more than 3-4 drops).
Moisturizing the body and hands during pregnancy
Dryness during pregnancy can affect not only the face, but the entire body. Face and body care during this period should not exclude the use of special hand products. Moisturizers and nourishing creams are great for these purposes. Especially useful will be those that contain calendula or chamomile.
The breast also undergoes serious changes - already a few weeks after the onset of pregnancy, it significantly increases in size. Feelings of dryness in the chest area can be avoided by using special emollients, which will also help prevent stretch marks.
You will need careful care of this part of the body after the birth of the baby, especially if he is breastfed. To maintain firmness in the breasts, doctors recommend a daily massage with a shower and cool water.
It is not uncommon for women to change their skin type during pregnancy. Usually, after the birth of a baby, her condition becomes the same as before pregnancy.
However, this does not happen immediately. Therefore, after childbirth, it is necessary to follow a proper diet, try to sleep at least 7 hours a day, and also devote time to skin care.
Take care of yourself and take care of yourself with love!