Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
The main reasons for the appearance of acne are insufficient care, ignorance of provoking factors, misunderstanding of the mechanism of the problem. As a result, the treatment of such defects can take many years.
Acne under the nose can occur under the influence of a number of adverse factors, but there are methods that will help identify the cause of the problem and, of course, eliminate it.
What does it mean if a pimple pops up under the nose?
Usually, this problem occurs when the sebaceous glands are malfunctioning, when their ducts are clogged. As a result, a favorable environment is formed for the development of pathogenic microorganisms.
If measures are not taken in time, then inflammation and abscess will appear. As a result, a large, red abscess will turn out from a black dot or a small pimple. At this time, leukocytes rush to the site of inflammation and fight bacteria. This process is accompanied by redness and suppuration as a result of the accumulation of dead microbes and leukocytes. Sometimes this pimple is sore or itchy.
It is worth noting that according to various skin defects on the body, one can judge the state of health and even the way of life of a person. Often these arise as a result of a malfunction in the functioning of internal organs. Acne under the nose is often formed at the same time as pimples in the nose.
The most common causes of under nose acne are:
- Insufficient or improper skin care. In almost half of the cases, it is poor hygiene that is the provocateur of the problem. The skin of the nasolabial triangle is very delicate and therefore needs high-quality care. There are many sebaceous glands in this area, respectively, increased fat content. If you do not take care of her, then soon blackheads and rashes will appear. The same applies to other problem areas of the face;
- Hormonal surges or disruptions. For this reason, the problem most often occurs in adolescents, pregnant women and during menstruation. In particular, adolescents from 12 to 16 years old suffer, when hormones actively stimulate the sebaceous glands to produce sebum;
- Improper nutrition is the main provoking factor that affects all age groups. Spices, store milk, sweets - these products, especially in large quantities, provoke a rash even in healthy people;
- Household, food, drug allergies. Small rashes most often appear in young children, but their occurrence in adults is not excluded;
- Stress. The whole organism suffers from it. Stress activates the sebaceous glands. In this case, single painful acne often occurs;
- Excessive sweating, for example, due to heat or physical exertion, or due to pathology. Sweat is a good breeding ground for germs. But the reasons are hidden not in sweating itself, but in untimely cleansing of the skin from perspiration;
- Poor shave, poor skin treatment after shaving. This problem plagues many of the stronger sex.
Pimples under the nose and rashes on the chin
Rashes in the area of the nasolabial triangle and beard, as we have already noted, may indicate a dysfunction of internal organs.
Acne near the nose and directly on it occurs for the following reasons: problems with the stomach and pancreas; disorders of the cardiovascular system; diseases of the bronchi.
A pimple that appears on the chin means that you need to pay attention to hormonal balance and the pelvic area. Its appearance may be associated with endocrine and gynecological diseases.
It is necessary to check hormones at an endocrinologist and ovaries with appendages at a gynecologist.
Also, chin rashes are sometimes associated with stress, lack of sleep, alcohol and coffee abuse.
How to get rid of a pimple that popped up under your nose
- First of all, you need to correct hygienic care. Since the reason may be a banal flaw, it is necessary to thoroughly cleanse the face. This measure will allow you to get rid of existing defects and prevent the emergence of new ones.
- If a pimple hurts, you can use a pharmacy such as "Skinoren" or "Zenerit", or similar. If the inflammatory process could not be prevented, it is recommended to treat the skin with hydrogen peroxide 3% after washing, and then apply some anti-inflammatory agent (ointment, cream, solution). These should include antibiotics or metronidazole. These substances will help white blood cells fight inflammation.
- Various folk remedies will also help get rid of rashes, for example, rubbing with decoctions and infusions of herbs (eg chamomile, string) is suitable. A mixture of olive and caraway oil works in a similar way.
- You also need to pay attention to the factor that rashes can be signs of allergies. You need to analyze your diet, temporarily abandon the usual household chemicals and cosmetics. You may need the help of an allergist.
Folk remedies for acne under the nose
- Decoctions from medicinal plants. Optimally - calendula, St. John's wort, raspberries, chamomile, birch. Standard recipe: pour a glass of boiling water over a tablespoon of dry chopped herbs, or collection, leave for a while. Each time for the procedure, you need to use a fresh decoction or infusion. Chamomile, raspberries and St. John's wort can be used several times a day;
- Cauterization with iodine. To do this, a cotton swab is moistened in an antiseptic, and then applied only in this area, that is, under the nose;
- A solution of soda and sugar. For a glass of water, you will need a teaspoon of one and the other. With the resulting solution, you need to wipe your face with a cotton pad. Then you need to wash with water and laundry soap and grease the rashes with butter. After 1 hour, wash again with plain water;
- Aloe. Pimples are smeared pointwise with juice from the leaf of the plant, or they are applied to the rashes. Owners of oily skin can wipe the entire face with the juice. There is another method of using this plant: the leaves are kept in the dark for 7-10 days, then they are poured with a solution of 70% alcohol and infused for a week, and then used as a tonic for wiping the face;
- It is recommended to wash with oily skin with baby or tar soap. During the first week of treatment, they wash themselves every 3-4 hours, and then twice a day;
- Mint. Prepare the infusion according to the above recipe, strain it, add 1 tbsp. l. boric alcohol and calendula tincture, 1 tsp. lemon juice. When a pimple pops up, apply it pointwise twice a day;
- Yeast and hydrogen peroxide. Mix these two ingredients together, use as a mask. Apply to the entire face for a maximum of a quarter of an hour;
- Boiled oatmeal scrub (3-4 cups), 2 tbsp. l. salt and the same amount of ground coffee, 1 tbsp. l. honey, 30 ml of water. All ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Apply to face in the morning and evening;
- Birch leaves / buds. At 2 tbsp. l. raw materials require 100 ml of water. After mixing, they are boiled for 5 minutes, defended for 30 minutes. Walnut leaves are used in a similar way;
- Stand over the steam for 5 minutes, then wipe the pimple with a cotton swab dipped in soda and soap, then wash with cold water or wipe with an ice cube;
- Once or twice a week, you can use a salicylic acid solution of 1-2%;
- Olive oil and tea tree oil can help treat acne.
What to do if a red pimple pops up under the nose and it hurts a lot?
In this case, you can use not only folk, but also pharmacy remedies. Those, as a rule, are more aggressive, so they will help relieve inflammation as soon as possible. Such means include creams and ointments: "Levomekol", "Aven", "Baziron", "Azelik", zinc and sulfuric ointment. Of course, before buying a medication, it is better to consult a doctor, but if this is not possible, then at least with a pharmacist.
- Always wash off makeup at night. During sleep, impurities enter the pores and provoke inflammation;
- After washing, it is recommended to wipe your face with paper towels, because bacteria can accumulate in textiles;
- Do not pop pimples. It is better to apply zinc ointment or similar agents that have a drying effect on them. Squeezing causes the infection to spread, causing the rash to spread to healthy areas of the skin.
In conclusion, I would like to remind you that first of all it is necessary to find out the cause of the appearance of single or multiple rashes. If this is not identified and eliminated, then various methods of dealing with the problem will be ineffective.