Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Many girls complain of oily skin and rashes. Moreover, this may be due to various reasons. You can cope with this problem with the help of medicines and folk recipes.
Why is my face oily skin?
In fact, there are many reasons due to which this problem can arise, and this is due to the individuality of the organism.
Among all the reasons, the most common options can be identified:
- oily skin and acne are most often associated with hormonal disruptions, which leads to the activation of the sebaceous glands, and this provokes the production of a large amount of sebum. As a result, rashes appear on the face;
- everything can be connected with improper care. For example, many people cleanse using too aggressive products and, in order to restore the removed skin layer, the sebaceous glands begin to work with a vengeance. Another common mistake in grooming is constant cleaning or the use of inappropriate cosmetics;
- one of the common reasons is unhealthy diet, and in the first place it concerns various sweets, carbonated drinks, smoked meats, etc.;
- problem skin can be due to the use of certain medications, which have a side effect of the formation of large amounts of sebum. It is worth talking to your doctor about this in order to change the drug;
- demodex and other skin diseases that lead to unpleasant gloss and rashes. This problem can only be dealt with with the help of a doctor;
- perhaps everything is due to heredity. If your mom and grandmother had a similar problem, then the risk of getting an unpleasant gloss is huge.
Oily skin and acne - what to do?
Today, there are many different face products that help to cope with the existing problem. It is best to combine medical and folk methods, which will achieve good results. To begin with, it is worth contacting a dermatologist or cosmetologist to determine the real reasons for the appearance of such a deviation from the norm on the skin of the face.
A medical treatment for oily skin is indicated. At the first examination, the cosmetologist will be able to determine the real cause, and if it is associated with various health problems, for example, with the work of the digestive system, then you will have to first treat this problem.
In addition, the specialist will recommend effective treatment procedures. Recently, such effective methods of treatment have been very popular: mechanical and ultrasonic cleaning, vaporization, special massage, cryotherapy and darsonvalization.
The following methods can be used to cure acne:
- with a mild form of the disease, antibiotics are prescribed, which are used in pill form. Their main goal is to destroy bacteria and inflammation;
- effective treatment can be carried out with oral contraceptives of a combined effect, which reduce the work of the sebaceous glands;
- if the situation is neglected, then cysts can form inside the cells, which rupture causing scarring. In this case, corticosteroid injections should be given. After 5 days, you will be able to see the first improvements.
Treatment with folk methods
Many people opt for the use of folk recipes that have been popular since ancient times.
We suggest considering the most popular options.
- Sugar scrub. If problem skin, then you should use the following remedy: combine 2 tbsp. spoons of brown sugar and 3 tbsp. spoons of cold milk. Mix everything well and apply the scrub on the face, and then rub it in, moving along the massage lines for 3 minutes. After the time has passed, rinse everything off with water.
- Green clay. For those with an oily face, it is recommended to use green clay, which can be found in any pharmacy. It is necessary to mix 2 tbsp. spoons of green clay with 3 tbsp. tablespoons of low-fat yogurt. Mix everything well and apply the resulting mass on your face. After drying, you need to rinse everything off.
- Tea mushroom. For oily skin, use this remedy, from which it is necessary to make an infusion, keeping it for 10 days. The liquid is intended for cleaning the face, but it is important to avoid the eyelids and lips. Kombucha has excellent antibacterial properties, which helps to reduce the amount of fat produced.
- Wine ice. For a face with a similar problem, you can use special ice, for which you need to prepare a healing liquid. Combine 2 tbsp. tablespoons of sage and St. John's wort and pour 100 ml of boiling water over the herbs. Leave everything for an hour, and then strain the liquid, cool and add 100 ml of white semi-dry wine. It remains only to pour everything into molds and place in the freezer for solidification. To remove the problem from the face, you need to wipe it with a cube for a couple of minutes, moving along the massage lines.
- Acne mask. In equal parts, mix carrot, yolk and honey chopped in a meat grinder. Mix everything well and apply the product on the face for 20 minutes. After the time has passed, rinse everything off with cool water.
- Lotion with a drying effect. Acne and fat will help to remove this effective remedy, for which sage, chamomile, calendula, eucalyptus, yarrow and coltsfoot are mixed in an amount of 1 tbsp. spoon. Collecting, pour 1 liter of boiling water and put on a minimum heat for 15 minutes, closing the lid. After the time has passed, leave for 4 hours, and then add 50 ml of eucalyptus alcohol tincture. Wipe problem areas with the resulting product.
Correct daily care
Skin care is of great importance, which must be carried out regularly, observing important rules:
- first, you should go to the store and purchase cosmetics for care marked "for oily skin", you should give preference to products from one line;
- to remove excess fat from the surface of the epidermis, you must wash at least 3 times a day. Choose a gel or mousse that contains an antiseptic such as salicylic acid, zinc, or tea tree essential oil;
- it is forbidden to wash with hot water. Do not believe that such a liquid promotes deep cleansing. Scientists have proven that hot water, on the contrary, aggravates the situation, and as a result, the skin will look even more oily. It is best to wash your face with cold water, which helps to narrow the pores and tone the skin;
- peeling agents, that is, various scrubs can be used when the pimples are dry, otherwise the situation will only worsen. It is useful to carry out chemical peeling with fruit acids once a month to open and cleanse the pores;
- the final cleansing process is the use of an antibacterial tonic. It is important that the product is astringent and alcohol-free.
You need to choose the right makeup, which should also be designed for oily skin. Give preference to matte products, this primarily concerns creams and powders.
Now you know what to do if there is a lot of sebum and rashes on your face. Use the recommendations and tools presented, and then the problem can be dealt with in a short period of time.