Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Hormonal acne is a common problem that both women and men can suffer from. It occurs when certain malfunctions in the body. Today this cosmetic problem is treated in several ways.
Why do hormonal acne appear on my face?
Hormones affect many processes in the body, including the appearance of acne. Steroid hormones provoke complex biochemical reactions, which leads to more vigorous activity of the sebaceous glands. Normally, sebum is liquid, but the activity of hormones makes it viscous and dense. As a result, the pores become clogged, which leads to acne and severe inflammation.
Another important point to consider is what hormonal acne looks like. A similar rash is similar to an allergic rash.
Pimples are small and affect large areas. As for the color, they are red and have a white blotch in the center. If you press on the rash, then painful sensations arise. Most often, rashes appear on the face and in most cases on the chin, as well as on the back and chest.
- Heredity. According to genetics, an increased production of testosterone can be transmitted to a person, which provokes the appearance of acne on the face and body. This reason is most common among adolescents;
- Menstruation. These days, the level of steroid hormones increases significantly, which leads to the appearance of acne on the chin and back in women. They can be single as well as multiple;
- Fat metabolism. If lipid metabolism is disturbed in the vessels, this negatively affects the circulation of the skin. Due to such a failure, many diseases arise, including rashes;
- Diseases. Acne is a consequence of the occurrence of diseases of the appendages and adrenal glands in humans. This also includes gynecological diseases, as well as abortions and other operations. In this case, the rash affects not only the face and chin, but also the back and chest;
- Stress. Many health problems are associated with malfunctions of the nervous system. In most cases, stress and depression are to blame.
How to get rid of hormonal acne on your face?
It is impossible to treat acne on your own, so you need to contact a dermatologist. You will have to take blood tests from a vein, which will determine what failures have occurred. You will also need a consultation with an endocrinologist and a gynecologist. Hormonal acne can be cured by removing not only external manifestations, but also internal causes. There are medication and alternative treatments, which, with the permission of a doctor, can be combined.
Treatment prescribed by a doctor. To remove acne, you need to approach the solution in a complex way. The doctor prescribes a course of medications, as well as external skin restoration. It is recommended to use ointment and cosmetic masks. It is equally important to stick to your diet.
What to do to remove acne:
- If women have elevated levels of male hormones, the doctor prescribes a course of medications, usually oral contraceptives. The most popular options are Yarina, Jess and Janine. Such drugs allow you to normalize the cycle and the process of producing hormones;
- If the situation is difficult, the doctor prescribes a course of antibiotics, for example, Doxycycline, Minocycline, etc. Even in advanced cases, drugs of the retioid group are prescribed;
- To speed up the process of skin recovery after acne, the doctor may recommend the use of pharmacy products that contain vitamin A. Among the popular remedies are Metronidazole;
- To remove acne from your face, you can see a beautician. Today, many different techniques are known that give good results. Various types of cleansing remove dead skin cells, relieve inflammation and remove hormonal acne in women and men;
- For external use, 2 groups of agents are used: benzoyl peroxide (Clerosil or Baziron) and azelaic acid (Skinorin and Azelik). Such products fight acne on the chin and other areas of the face and body, remove inflammation, exfoliate the upper layer of the epidermis and prevent bacteria from spreading. It is important to consider that ointments and gels have a number of contraindications and side effects.
Treatment with folk methods. There are several proven recipes that can complement the main treatment for faster, more effective results.
Let's look at several ways to get rid of acne:
- Iodine. Acne can be cauterized with ordinary iodine, and this remedy also disinfects the affected area. Take a cotton swab and dab iodine on acne;
- Nettle. Take 1 liter of boiling water and fill it with at least 5 tablespoons of stinging nettle. Insist until it cools completely, and then take 0.5 tbsp. with 1 teaspoon of honey every day. In order for the hormonal acne to pass, it is necessary to undergo a course that is at least 4-5 weeks;
- Vegetables. To get rid of acne and cleanse your face, use cucumber, pumpkin and potato masks.
Prevention of hormonal acne
There are some rules that can help prevent breakouts or reduce acne:
- For women and men, it is necessary to normalize their diet, excluding harmful and high-calorie foods from it. It is best to include in the menu foods rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals;
- Take good care of your skin: wash your face with lotion and toner every day. In addition, use masks and scrubs;
- To avoid acne, try to minimize stress in life by avoiding adverse situations. Spend more time outdoors, rest and do not forget about healthy sleep;
- The choice of hormonal contraceptives should be made only after consulting a doctor, otherwise the risk of a rash is quite high.
Now you know why, due to hormones, acne appears on the face and body, and the presented methods of treatment will help to cope with the problem in a short period of time. Don't forget about acne prevention to prevent breakouts.