Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
The problem of acne on the face occurs in almost every person. Inflammation of the sebaceous glands and hair follicles is associated with many causes. In adolescence, sebum production increases. The excretory duct is clogged, creating favorable conditions for the development of bacteria.
The immune system fights the infection and pus builds up under the skin. After a while, the pimple dries up, and the sebaceous duct continues to function normally. Acne can appear at any age if there are any problems in the body. Most often, stomach or intestinal problems are reflected in the condition of the skin. In this case, the fight against their appearance should be aimed at both external manifestations and the treatment of internal diseases.
Why does acne itch?
If pimples appear, the skin is irritated. Under the influence of the formation of a biological product of inflammation at the site of acne, the epidermis slightly stretches, which leads to itching. If pimples do not itch all the time, then this is normal. The main thing is not to infect them with your hands.
The following reasons contribute to the appearance of itchy acne:
- Skin irritation;
- Allergy to food or cosmetics;
- Insect bites;
- Prolonged exposure to the sun;
- Dry skin;
- Accidental injuries during facial care.
You can get an infection by touching your face with unwashed hands. Serious consequences can be when squeezing out acne.
In this case, the gate opens for the penetration of infection not only from the hands, but also from the environment. City and house dust contains a lot of bacteria that quickly multiply in a small wound after being squeezed out.
In stressful situations, people involuntarily begin to scratch their faces. After this, neuralgic scratching may increase and turn into serious skin irritation, various rashes appear.
If single itchy acne appeared in the summer, then most likely it is the bites of mosquitoes or other blood-sucking insects. Unbearable itching makes a person scratch the bite site.
The appearance of papules in the upper part of the forehead and in the temporal region is associated with sweating. In the hot months, acne appears in these areas. With constant scratching, they become inflamed and cause a lot of trouble.
Allergic rashes can be caused by certain foods, medications, and cosmetics. If rashes appear on the back of the hands, and they constantly itch, most likely, this is a reaction to household chemicals.
On the body, pimples itch due to clothing. If during the hot season, clothes do not allow air to pass through, sweating becomes more difficult. Wet clothes start to irritate the rash and it starts to itch. Sweat gets into irritated papules, the desire to scratch them increases.
For the correct treatment of nodules and abscesses, it is necessary to identify the cause of their appearance. You can get rid of acne at home, but an effective and safe treatment should be prescribed by a specialist.
The appearance of rashes on the face is a natural reaction of the epidermis to certain factors. Disrupted hormones, diseases of internal organs, allergic manifestations, the state of the nervous system - all this is reflected in the skin. If you do not take action, the papules become inflamed, begin to itch, and new rashes appear. In case of severe itching, it is necessary to reduce the reaction so as not to spread the infection to healthy skin when scratching.
To relieve itching, you can use simple tips:
- Apply a clean napkin soaked in cold water or a piece of ice wrapped in plastic to itchy areas;
- Take a cool shower or pine extract bath.
Washing with decoctions of chamomile, string, St. John's wort and other medicinal herbs helps well against itching. With unbearable itching, antihistamines are sometimes taken. But it must be remembered that such medications cause drowsiness and scatter attention, so you need to resort to medications only on the advice of a doctor.
All these actions will ease the condition for a short time. In the future, it is necessary to analyze the cause of the appearance of papules and direct efforts to eliminate them.
There are general measures to combat acne. Particular attention should be paid to cleansing the skin. Daily hygiene of the whole body will prevent new breakouts and improve the condition of problem areas.
When treating papules and pustules, you need to be careful with cosmetic detergents. Often soaps and gels can dry out the skin, thereby exacerbating the condition. It is enough to wash your face with running warm water several times a day. After a shower and bath, inflamed areas can be wiped with a swab dipped in a weak salicylic acid solution. After this procedure, acne is smeared with sulfuric ointment, which dries out the foci of inflammation well. During treatment, you should stop using scrubs, aromatic salts and other cosmetics.
At home, you can use traditional medicine recipes:
- Aloe juice helps to relieve itching and heal papules and pustules on the skin. Freshly cut leaves of the plant are crushed, spread on a clean cloth. This swab is moistened with inflamed areas several times a day. To increase the biological activity of aloe, the leaves are placed in a dark, cool place for 10 days;
- Decoctions of calendula, pharmaceutical chamomile, string are well relieved of inflammation. For a liter of water, take two teaspoons of each herb. After boiling, the solution is infused under a closed lid for 20 minutes. The strained broth is used to wipe the places where papules appear. The solution can be frozen and wiped on the skin with ice cubes;
- Potato juice helps with various rashes. To do this, make lotions from potato mass. Lotions are applied to the sore spot and left for two hours. Then the skin is washed with cool water;
- To relieve itching and inflammation, use a tincture of St. John's wort herb. Two tablespoons of dried herbs are poured with a glass of boiling water, infused for 30 minutes, and then filtered. Tincture is used to wipe problem areas several times a day;
- The people know the tincture of calendula on alcohol. You can prepare the tincture at home. Two tablespoons of calendula flowers are poured with 250 milliliters of vodka or rubbing alcohol. The solution is placed in a dark place for 7 days. After that, the tincture is filtered and used as a disinfectant and healing agent in the treatment of inflamed acne.
When acne appears on the skin, it is necessary to apply a comprehensive treatment. Local impact is directed directly to the foci of the rash. Therapeutic methods are aimed at the causes of the appearance of inflammation on the epidermis. If necessary, you should undergo a course of regulating the work of the endocrine glands, restorative therapy. For a more successful result, immunomodulators should be taken during treatment.
Prevention of acne
When acne appears, attention should be paid to the possible causes of such a reaction of the body.
Acne prevention rules include the following points:
- Balanced diet. You should not abuse sweet, flour, spicy and fatty foods;
- Daily skin cleansing with gentle detergents;
- Obligatory rinsing of cosmetics before bedtime;
- Weekly cleansing of the dead skin layer with a scrub or peeling;
- If possible, do not touch your face. Wash your hands thoroughly before cosmetic procedures.
It must be remembered that there is no panacea for the appearance of various rashes. Everyone solves the problem for himself. Hygiene, a healthy lifestyle and a careful attitude to oneself significantly reduce the risk of unpleasant rashes.