Table of contents:
- Why is infection dangerous?
- Staphylococcus aureus in the throat, the main reasons for its appearance
- Staphylococcus symptoms
- Methods for treating staphylococcus in the nose and throat
- Treatment of Staphylococcus aureus in the throat with folk remedies
- Prevention measures
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Staphylococcus aureus is an infectious disease that can affect any human organs. It is a microorganism of conditionally pathogenic microflora, which, with a low immune system and a weak body, begins to actively multiply. Staphylococcal infection is often found in the nasopharynx.
The most dangerous microorganism from this group is Staphylococcus aureus in the throat. With its development, rashes with the presence of pus are formed in the nasopharynx.
It got its name from its characteristic color - golden, which can be seen under a microscope. It is this type of infection that is considered the most dangerous, it develops quickly and can give complications of a different nature.
Most often, the infection is detected in children, the elderly, because their immunity is weakened. In children, infection occurs quickly, because they try to learn about the world around them in all ways, they often take dirty hands in their mouths, which leads to the ingress of a microbe and its reproduction in the body.
Why is infection dangerous?
Many carriers of the microorganism are not even aware of its presence, therefore they do not use protective measures for themselves and those around them. And only when obvious main signs appear, they turn to a doctor for treatment of the disease. Many are negligent in their symptoms, they begin to independently select medicines for themselves without visiting a doctor. But such a disease can give serious complications.
A pathogenic infection often causes the development of:
- purulent sore throat;
- scarlet fever.
These diseases can cause complications with inflammatory processes. Chronic diseases, severe purulent infections may develop. The microbe can freely penetrate into other organs and systems. With its active reproduction, there is a high risk of developing miningitis, pneumonia, osteomyelitis, endocarditis, sepsis.
While waiting for the child, an infected mother can transmit the microbe to the fetus, the child can be affected by one of the toxins that are produced by the microbe, and as a result, the baby can develop pemphigus.
In young children, the microorganism becomes the cause of the development of many diseases, such as:
- food poisoning.
With enterocolitis, the child's stomach swells, the stool becomes liquid, nausea and vomiting appear, he behaves restlessly. Such conditions can be dangerous for the baby's health, so you need to go to the doctor right away.
Staphylococcus aureus in the throat, the main reasons for its appearance
Staphylococcal infections in the nose and throat occur for a variety of reasons.
The main ones include:
- contact and household way;
- airborne transmission;
- intrauterine infection (from mother to child);
- expired and stale food products;
- non-observance of the rules of personal hygiene.
If scratches and wounds appear on the skin, it must be treated immediately, because there is a high risk of infection with this microbe. In summer, you need to be extremely attentive to products, especially of dubious quality (meat, fish, milk, confectionery).
The very carriage of the microbe does not manifest itself in any way, there are no symptoms. The main signs appear with the active development of the disease.
The main symptoms of staphylococcus aureus in the throat include:
- temperature increase;
- swollen lymph nodes in the neck;
- pain in the throat, especially when swallowing;
- redness and enlargement of the tonsils;
- purulent plaque on the tonsils;
- lack of appetite;
- weakness and malaise;
- muscle pain.
The symptoms of such a disease are obvious and understandable, so the doctor will be able to accurately diagnose after the initial examination, additional diagnostics and prescribe medications.
If you find the first signs of the disease, you must immediately go to the doctor so that he conducts an examination and prescribes the appropriate treatment.
It is possible to identify pathogenic microorganisms in the throat with the help of bacterial culture, which is taken from the nasopharynx and pharynx.
Methods for treating staphylococcus in the nose and throat
If you turn to a specialist in time, then the treatment course will be about a week. If there are pustules, then the infection will have to be treated for about 2-3 weeks.
And after the treatment course, it will be necessary to take preventive measures, because the first weeks the immunity is still weak and the infection can occur again.
What should be used to treat Staphylococcus aureus in the throat?
The treatment course includes the mandatory intake of drugs from the antibiotic group. When choosing such drugs, one must take into account the fact that the microbe has resistance to such drugs, the microbe produces certain enzymes that have a destructive effect on antibiotics. For this, a sowing from the nasopharynx is taken
It is imperative to take into account the individual intolerance to such antibacterial drugs in each patient, therefore the course is assigned to each individually. The dosage will depend on the age, body weight, severity of the course of the disease and the general condition of the patient. The duration of antibiotic administration is 5-7 days.
- Additionally, gargle is prescribed. An alcoholic solution of "Chlorophyllipt" has a good effect. This tool destroys bacteria in the nasopharynx, intestines. Aerosols relieve the condition, reduce pain. Also, multivitamin complexes and other drugs that increase immunity are prescribed.
- In addition, it is necessary to adhere to a healthy diet, eat foods rich in vitamins, trace elements, which help to increase the immune system. It is advisable to include black currants in the diet. Physiotherapy will also be effective.
Treatment of a child may require hospitalization, because many medications cannot be prescribed to children. In this case, it is impossible to self-medicate, you need qualified help from a specialist.
During pregnancy, antibiotic treatment is prescribed in cases where there are already pronounced symptoms of the disease. Otherwise, irrigation and rinsing with the use of "Chlorophyllipt" or permitted herbs that have an antiseptic effect are enough.
Treatment of Staphylococcus aureus in the throat with folk remedies
Traditional medicine can act as a complementary treatment. Treatment with folk remedies also has a positive effect. You can gargle with herbal decoctions and infusions (chamomile, sage, thyme). These herbs reduce inflammation and pain. Consumption of rose hips is recommended, it is rich in vitamins, removes toxins.
- Natural honey helps well, if you are not allergic to it, you need to dissolve in a small spoon every 30 minutes.
- Black currant is a storehouse of vitamins. It can be eaten fresh or as a jam, washed down with warm tea. Drinking plenty of fluids is a prerequisite for treatment. You can drink teas from raspberries, viburnum.
- It is good to drink a decoction of such herbs: barberry, oregano, string, eucalyptus, licorice root.
- Several types of herbs are poured with two glasses of cold water, the mixture is put on fire for 10 minutes. The broth is infused for 1, 5 hours, then filtered. You can put some honey in it.
- With a purulent process, it is also impossible to make compresses and warming up, drink warm milk. Physiotherapy is prescribed only after the elimination of abscesses. The first days it is necessary to observe bed rest. Treatment with folk remedies is not contraindicated for children, but only after consulting a pediatrician.
Preventive measures include:
- observance of personal hygiene;
- washing hands after the street;
- food quality control;
- avoiding contact with an infected person who has pronounced signs of the disease;
- taking vitamin complexes;
- increased immunity.
Staphylococcus aureus is a rather dangerous disease that can cause serious complications, therefore, when the first pronounced symptoms appear, you should immediately consult a doctor so that he can prescribe the appropriate treatment. And adherence to preventive measures will help to avoid infection.