Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Sadly, but scientists have proven that our skin begins to age from the age of 25. This means that facial skin care should be started just at this time, and not later. But still, some women, due to some circumstances, do just that. This process, of course, is delayed, but it still bears fruit, so the main thing in such a matter as skin care for 40 is to be patient.
Features of facial skin after 40 years
A woman's appearance at this age depends on how she looked after herself at the age of 20. But young people usually do not think about the future, especially about such a distant one. It seems to them that they will remain beautiful and fresh, and old age is not soon. And in vain. The sooner a girl begins to take care of her appearance, the younger she will look.
40 years is the age when a woman undergoes a second hormonal change in her body.
This process is as follows:
- elements of connective tissue begin to degrade (the skin ceases to be elastic, it sags, dehydrates and becomes dry);
- the function of the sebaceous glands decreases, due to which dry skin is exposed to the greatest influence of external factors;
- the surface of the epidermis becomes thinner, which affects the formation of wrinkles;
- microcirculation is disturbed (there is a change in the permeability of the vascular wall);
- hormonal changes are expressed, for example, in the growth of hair above the upper lip.
All these changes are noticeable so far only in some areas of the face:
- in the corners of the eyes;
- on the eyelids, where the skin begins to gather in folds, falling over the eyes;
- On the fold between the lip and nose, it becomes deeper and more noticeable.
After 40 years, the skin becomes thinner and loses its elasticity, because of this, it should be taken care of carefully, not like before.
Facial skin care rules after 40 years
Procedures to be carried out after 40 years.
- Cleansing: if at 20 a girl could go to bed with a painted face, now this is unacceptable. It will be very difficult to wash off its remnants in the morning. The cleansing procedure should also include peeling - a soft scrub perfectly cares for the skin. But you should not apply it around the eyes.
- Nutrition: now you need to use creams only from your age line, which contribute to maximum hydration and enrichment of the face, as well as the area around the eyes with all the necessary vitamins and microelements. Do not forget about natural masks and use them periodically.
- Moisturizing: do not forget that, in addition to nutrition, the skin of the face also needs to be moisturized, so you should use similar creams (day and night).
- Anti-aging procedures: if a woman can afford to visit beauty salons, then it's time to start doing it. But if the financial means do not allow for expensive anti-aging procedures, then there is no need to be upset, since full-fledged skin care can be achieved at home.
- Protection: you must use cosmetics that contain protective components. It is very important to exclude smoking, as it completely destroys the defenses built by the body, therefore the aging process is accelerated.
- Proper nutrition: it is important to take care of your skin from the inside. Try to eat fresh fruits, vegetables, fish and try to restrain yourself from meat products, alcoholic and flour products. What a person eats is reflected not only in his figure, but also in his appearance.
Proper care comes down to the following procedures:
- morning and evening use of cosmetology products;
- face masks (weekly);
- visit to a beautician (monthly);
- healthy sleep, rest and proper nutrition;
- massage and sports.
In addition to all of the above procedures, you can use medications for care that slow down the aging process. They will be especially useful as lotions for the area around the eyes. But before using them, it would still be better to consult a doctor.
What to do with wrinkles
The baby's skin is completely renewed within 7 days, but over time, this body function slows down and the period instead of a week stretches for years. Modern medicine and cosmetology create products that help accelerate the renewal process and get rid of dead cells.
To reduce wrinkles around the eyes, do the following:
- use peeling for sensitive skin;
- use more creams with antioxidants and vitamins A, B, C;
- use cosmetics containing hyaluronic acid, ginkgo biloba, seaweed and fruit acids.
All this traps moisture in the skin, makes it elastic and helps restore protective functions, which is reflected in a sharp decrease in the number of wrinkles.
Correct makeup after 40
Women over 40 should apply makeup in a way that primarily hides their age and visually refreshes them.
Some features of applying makeup.
- Foundation should only be applied to a moisturizer base half an hour before going outside. It is also best not to use any masking pencils or sticks anymore.
- It is recommended not to use dry powder, because it only accentuates skin imperfections and deepens wrinkles. Therefore, it is better to use a cream powder, the shade of which should be 3 tones lighter than the skin itself.
- Lipstick should be chosen on a creamy basis and dwell on tones close to red, as dark shades make the lips thinner, and light ones merge with the complexion. If wrinkles appear above the upper lip, it is better to start using a contour pencil to prevent lipstick from spreading.
- Use eyeliner and mascara only on the upper eyelid, since if you outline it completely, the eye will visually become smaller, and excessive application of mascara will accentuate the folds of sagging eyelids.
Don't forget about evening make-up removal. Otherwise, the face, in particular the epidermis around the eyes, is subject to additional irritation. But most importantly, it should be remembered that after 40 years, makeup should be in moderation and not too bright, otherwise it will look vulgar.
If you use only cosmetic products for care, you will hardly be able to achieve a visible result. Masks made from natural products are very important for 40-year-old skin. They need to be applied once a week, not more often. The only exceptions are protein and paraffin, which should be used once a month. The effect will be noticeable only with regular application. If you do this every other time, then you can not wait for visible changes.
Natural maxi can be divided into 3 types:
- anti-aging (cottage cheese, honey, lemon);
- nutritious (yeast, cottage cheese, eggs, fresh fruits and vegetables);
- cleansing (honey, oatmeal).
Masks made of honey will soften the skin and disinfect it. If you make them from aloe, then its juice will contribute to the regeneration of skin cells.
Fermented milk products make excellent nourishing masks.
But it is always worth remembering that only natural products should be used in the manufacture. In addition, you should take into account the type of skin - cleansing masks are more suitable for oily ones, and nourishing masks for dry ones. Also, do not apply the composition around the eyes, since in these places the epidermis is especially sensitive and requires separate care.
Aging of the body is a natural process and a person is not able to stop it, but he can slow down this process.
After 40 years, the skin of the face is still good, it just becomes more "capricious" and requires careful and careful treatment. But even in spite of this, caring for your face is in demand at any age.