Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Modern dentistry offers several treatment options. An innovative technique is the use of a laser. The procedure eliminates painful sensations and opens up wide opportunities for the specialist and his patient.
Is there an alternative to the drill?
The procedure for drilling a tooth with a drill is almost always accompanied by pain, but in the case of a laser, there are no unpleasant sensations, there is no need even to use anesthesia. The very process of its work is noiseless, accordingly, more comfortable.
However, this method can only remove the affected enamel. If the pathology has affected dentin, you cannot do without a drill.
In some cases, mainly for the treatment of children, ozone is used.
Ozone treatment does not imply mechanical removal of the affected tissues, but their disinfection. But without a drill, only small defects can be eliminated.
An innovative product in the field of dentistry is Icon for the treatment of caries. It allows you to restore the enamel. Affected tissues acquire density and become resistant to organic acids. The transparency of the enamel and the color of the tooth are restored. However, it is advisable to use it when caries is at the stage of a white spot.
How can tooth decay be cured at home?
There are techniques that can help you cope with the disease without a visit to the dentist. However, they are usually not effective for severe lesions. For example, you can treat mild cavities with toothpaste.
These care products are based on the strengthening of mineral tissues with fluoride compounds. Special pastes increase the resistance of the enamel to adverse factors, prevent the growth of bacteria in soft dental plaque.
Pastes such as Fluorodent, New Pearl Fluorine, LacalutFluor, Pepsodent, ColgateMaximum have proven themselves well. It should also be noted such a remedy as Apadent paste, which is used in treatment and prevention. It contains nano-hydroxyapatite, a substance similar to natural bone tissue. It removes plaque from the entire enamel surface, fills in the smallest cracks and defects, enhances the mineral flow of saliva, does not have a toxic effect. The course of treatment lasts at least a month. During therapy, it is used twice a day, and for prophylaxis, only in the evening.
However, it is better to entrust the choice of paste to a dentist, who will take into account the fluoride content in his patient's diet. Such pastes are used regularly for dental care. The course usually lasts up to 3 months, and then a break is taken.
How to cure tooth decay and restore teeth at the same time?
Special dental gels will help get rid of the disease and restore dental health. This is possible due to the combination of incompatible chemical components. The fact is that the water in their composition prevents unwanted chemical reactions.
Gels increase the mineralization of the enamel due to the substances contained in saliva. Usually, such means are used for preventive purposes, but they can also help in the case when caries is at the stage of stains.
For medicinal purposes, you can use products such as Fluodent, Fluocal, Blend-a`med, Elmex. They are applied to the enamel every evening with a brush for 2-3 minutes.
Caries treatment with Fluoritray
This device is used not only in dental offices, but also at home. The technology is based on the use of a fluoride gel. In the process of using the apparatus, the hydroxide ions in the enamel are replaced by fluorite ions. A mineral layer is formed on the surface of the tooth, which is resistant to bacteria and acids.
The set includes a passive tray with a sponge inside, a solution of copper salts, a bath with a plug-in battery and a fluoride gel.
- Before the procedure, a thin layer of petroleum jelly is applied to the teeth.
- The liquid copper chloride is then applied to the sponge and the passive tray is placed in the mouth.
- The teeth of the upper jaw are placed in the solution for 60 seconds. The head should be strictly vertical so that the solution does not enter the stomach.
- After a minute, rinse your mouth thoroughly.
- The lower jaw is treated in a similar way.
- This is followed by the main stage of treatment: the gel is applied to the bath, then food is added to it.
- The bath is positioned so that the gel is in contact with the teeth as best as possible. Then turn on the current.
The procedure for one jaw lasts 4 minutes. For half an hour after it, you can not drink, eat, or smoke. It is recommended to carry out this procedure once a year.
How to cure dental caries with folk remedies?
Eliminating a neglected lesion using such methods is not always effective and in some cases can be dangerous. Severe pathology should be treated only in a dental office. But the initial stages are quite possible to stop with folk remedies.
A solution of laundry soap can help. To prepare it, you need to grind 5 g of the product and stir in a glass of boiled water. A freshly prepared solution is used for each procedure. You need to rinse your mouth twice a day.
This product can kill bacteria that cause tooth decay. Resins and mineral complexes contained in it close cracks in the enamel, preventing re-damage and infection of healthy tissues.
After traditional cleaning, you need to rinse your mouth with a solution (2 tablespoons of 20% tincture + 1 glass of water). You can chew propolis throughout the day for a few minutes. Such a measure will relieve bad breath and serve as prevention.
After each meal, rinse the mouth with saline. It is recommended to use sea salt, but table salt is also possible. To do this, dissolve 40 g of the product in a glass of water. Salt has anti-inflammatory and bactericidal effects. The solution is kept in the mouth for up to 3 minutes.
How can teeth be cured of caries with herbs?
- Sage. The essential oils of the plant destroy bacteria. The product, prepared from 2 tablespoons of a dry plant and 200 ml of boiling water, is steamed for an hour. Then they rinse their mouth twice a day, and at night it is recommended to moisten a tampon in it and apply to the affected area. The course of treatment is at least 2 months;
- Air. Requires ½ cup of crushed plant, 250 ml of vodka and water. The product is allowed to stand for 10 days. Application: dilute 15 ml of tincture in a glass of water, use for rinsing twice a day. A decoction of calamus is also used: 2 tablespoons of the root are boiled in a glass of water; rinses are carried out after each meal for 5 weeks;
- Chinese lemongrass. A spoonful of twigs and bark requires ½ liter of water. After mixing the ingredients, they are kept in a water bath for half an hour. The resulting tea is drunk regularly, holding in the mouth for a few seconds;
- Onion peel. Three tablespoons of powder requires ½ liter of boiling water. The ingredients are insisted for 8 hours. The solution is used for rinsing three times a day. Onion juice will help get rid of a toothache. It is squeezed out of a fresh onion and moistened with cotton wool, which is applied to the sore spot. The phytoncides contained in the juice have analgesic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects.
Can tooth decay be cured with herbal preparations?
The use of a combination of several herbs allows you to enhance their effect, respectively, the effect will be much better. First of all, it is recommended to use a collection of chamomile, calendula and St. John's wort. Plants take a tablespoon of each and brew ½ liter of boiling water, and then stand for 1 hour. The resulting infusion is used for rinsing after each meal.
You can cope with mild tissue caries by collecting from the fruits of fennel and mint leaves, mixed in equal amounts. For 50 g of the collection, ½ l of alcohol or vodka is added, but the product is insisted for a long time - 3 months. When it is ready, 10 ml of the tincture is stirred in a glass of water. The course of treatment is a month.
The collection of mint and raspberry leaves has proven itself well. They are poured with wine vinegar and left for 5 days. Before use, a teaspoon of the tincture is diluted, as usual, in a glass of water.
You can also use various homeopathic remedies for dental treatment. These will not eliminate the damage, but will have an anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect, suppress the growth of bacteria, and accordingly, stop the process of tooth decay.
Take care of your health and do not be lazy to monitor oral hygiene!