Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Since ancient times, women have tried to take care of their appearance. There was no such range of cosmetics back then, so they used a variety of available products.
For example, soda can be distinguished, which, according to numerous reviews, helps to fight rashes on the face and body.
Does baking soda help acne?
It is difficult to find a hostess who does not have this powder in the kitchen. The tool is used for cleaning kitchen utensils and in other cases, without suspecting that it is an excellent component for making home cosmetics. For decades, many women have been using this product to improve skin condition and fight acne.
The mineral is a white powder that is an amphoteric - a substance that acts as both an acid and an alkali. It all depends on what the mineral is in contact with.
These abilities determine the main feature of the substance - the ability to restore the acid-base balance of the skin.
As you know, pH disturbances cause acne. Baking soda also helps with acne because it is a gentle scrub that dries out oily skin.
Useful properties of the mineral for the skin:
- Helps to overcome inflammation, the occurrence of which is not associated with internal problems;
- The powder unclogs pores, removing dirt, and therefore acne and blackheads;
- It has a calming effect, and the mineral also improves the nutrition of the epidermis;
- Given the presence of antiseptic and bactericidal action, it is recommended to use it to combat pustules;
- Promotes the removal of dead skin cells, removes small flaking and dryness;
- Helps stabilize the sebaceous glands and tighten pores.
Using baking soda for acne
Before considering the well-known recipes, I would like to dwell on the rules for using soda:
- It is important to consider that many cosmetics cause allergies in a person, this also applies to baking soda and salt, so do a simple test. Prepare a small amount of the product and massage it into the skin at the crook of your elbow, then watch the reaction. If there is a slight redness and burning sensation, this is quite normal. When negative sensations increase, then such procedures should be abandoned;
- It is recommended to use products prepared on the basis of baking soda for acne on the face and back no more than 1-2 times a week. If you exceed the specified amount, then the acid-base balance of the skin is disturbed, and problems with the gastrointestinal tract also arise;
- Do not apply a mask or any other acne remedy in a thick layer. In addition, it is forbidden to overexpose funds for more than the specified time;
- Do not be afraid that while using such home cosmetics, you get a tingling sensation, as mild discomfort is the norm. In the event that the sensations intensify, then immediately wash off the product from the face;
- Finish the procedure by applying a moisturizer to your face.
Now let's go directly to the recipes that people with problem skin use. Remember that the presented formulations act differently for each person.
- Simple mask. Let's start with the so-called classic, which includes only two components. Take 1 tbsp. a spoonful of powder and 1/4 tbsp. water. Mix everything, and then, using a brush, apply the resulting product to the affected areas. Leave it on for 10 minutes, and then wipe the skin again, but this time with the fingertips dipped in a soda solution. When everything is dry, you need to wash and dab your face with a towel;
- Salt peeling. To remove dead skin cells, simply add a pinch of baking soda to your usual gel or facial wash. Apply the product to your face and massage for 5-10 minutes. problem areas in a circular motion. After that, wash everything off;
- Salt mask. Such a remedy will also help with acne. Mix a spoonful of baking soda and fine salt, and add 2 large tablespoons of mild soap. Mix everything so that the salt and soda dissolve a little. Apply to face with a brush or fingers and leave for 10 minutes. Remember that salt can damage your skin, so move slowly. After the time has passed, rinse everything off with warm water. This mask helps to remove the hated shine from the face;
- Mask with honey. In this acne remedy, honey is an emollient that helps restore skin. Mix 0.5 tbsp. water and 3 tablespoons of baking soda. Mix everything and add a spoonful of honey. After the mixture has reached a homogeneous state, apply it on the face for 20 minutes. If desired, instead of water, you can use lemon juice, which will enhance the cleansing process;
- Oatmeal mask. Pimples on the face and body can also be dealt with with this remedy, for which the flakes should be crushed with a coffee grinder to make a powder. Take 1 tbsp. ready-made powder and mix with 1 teaspoon of baking soda. Mix everything and store the dry mixture in a dark place. For one mask for acne, you need 1 tbsp. Dissolve a spoonful of the mixture in water so that a not too liquid gruel comes out. Apply it on your face for 20 minutes. Repeat the procedure every other day.
Contraindications to use
First of all, it should be said that you cannot use the powder for people with sensitive and thin skin. It is forbidden to use soda for acne if there are any wounds, burns, or other injuries on the face.
Contraindications are excessive dryness and flaking. You should not use baking soda to remove large amounts of acne, as its concentration causes an increase in blood pressure.
Now you know the results of baking soda if you have acne on your face. Follow the instructions for use and the recipes provided to get good results.