Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
For various diseases, special meals are prescribed. There are several therapeutic diets. Such diets help the body to cope with the problem faster. One of them is diet 6. It is used for gout.
Gout: Symptoms and Causes
What is gout?
This is a disease in which metabolism is disturbed. Uric acid salts are deposited in the joints. With gout, all joints hurt - both small and large, both on the legs and on the arms. Why is this happening? The reason is the high level of uric acid in the blood, and all the time. The result is the deposition of salts. And this, in turn, leads to the complete destruction of the joints.
Why does this disease occur? There can be two reasons. Either the kidneys are healthy, but they cannot cope with the excretion of acid, as there is too much of it, or the substance is expelled in a small amount, but the kidneys cannot excrete it.
It's all to blame for eating too much junk food - fatty fish, meat. They are rich in purines, which means they can provoke disease. Alcohol is also harmful to the body, it can also cause illness. Trauma, surgery, overloading of the joint, and taking certain medications can also lead to the disease.
What are the symptoms of gout? The main symptom is an attack of arthritis, that is, pain in the joint.
There are other symptoms as well:
- the appearance of salt build-ups on the arms and legs;
- swelling of the joint;
- redness around the joint;
- temperature increase;
- feeling of warmth near the sore joint;
- general malaise;
- peeling of the skin near the sore joint;
Treatment of the disease consists in the use of medications, as well as a special diet. Diet number 6 is exactly the food that the patient needs.
6 table for gout: basic principles
What is the essence of the diet? Nutrition during the period of illness involves the use of at least 6-7 glasses of liquid. In addition, you should eat vegetables, berries and fruits, dairy and sour milk products. And foods containing oxalic acid and purines are excluded from the diet. The classical diet limits the use of salt. Protein and fat also need to be limited.
You can cook dishes by boiling. During the cooking process, some of the purines remain in the broth. And after this procedure, meat and fish can be stewed or baked. It is advisable to eat meat and fish three times a week, not more often, and a portion of meat is 150 g, and fish is a little more.
You need to eat five times a day. It is recommended to do a fasting day once a week. It can be fruit, dairy, kefir or curd. But you can't go hungry. After all, fasting leads to an increase in uric acid in the blood, which will cause a gout attack.
A diet is prescribed to help the kidneys remove various substances from the body, including nitrogenous ones.
Diet number 6 for gout: which foods are allowed and which are prohibited?
What can you eat during the gout diet?
Here are the permitted foods:
- lean meat and fish;
- vegetarian soups;
- bread without salt;
- pancakes and pancakes;
- dairy dishes, except cheese;
- eggs - in small quantities;
Meat and fish must be stewed, boiled or baked. Eggs can be consumed only if you have given up meat dishes on that day. Soups can be cooked with vegetables and cereals.
And here are the prohibited foods:
- salty and flour products;
- fatty meat and fish;
- meat, mushroom and fish broths;
- pickled vegetables;
- strong coffee;
- radish and radish;
- mineral water with sodium.
Many dishes can be prepared from permitted products. Basically, not very healthy products are excluded, so it will not be difficult to get used to.
The main thing is to remember the basic rules:
- boil, stew, bake;
- to drink a lot of water;
- eat a little and often;
- eat only healthy foods.
Making a menu for the day will not be difficult.
Diet 6 for gout menus for a week
Here is a rough diet menu for the week. But, of course, you can compose the menu yourself.
- in the morning - vinaigrette, cottage cheese, bread and butter and tea with milk;
- lunch - buckwheat, scrambled eggs or scrambled eggs and juice;
- afternoon snack - vegetable soup and fried potatoes with meat, compote;
- dinner - cottage cheese, pasta casserole, jelly;
- before going to bed - a bun and milk.
- in the morning - oatmeal in milk and a glass of milk;
- snack - grape juice;
- lunch - vegetable soup and milk jelly;
- afternoon tea - freshly squeezed carrot juice;
- in the evening - rice porridge with milk and compote;
- the second dinner is kefir.
- breakfast - boiled egg, vegetable salad, pudding from cereals, carrots and apples, tea;
- snack - rosehip infusion;
- lunch - milk soup, mashed potato cutlets, jelly;
- afternoon tea - apples;
- in the evening - vegetable pigeons, syrniki cooked in the oven, tea;
- before going to bed - a decoction of bran.
- in the morning - apple-beet salad and weak coffee;
- second breakfast - scrambled eggs with tomatoes and fruits;
- lunch - okroshka, vegetable stew with beef, tea;
- snack - berry compote;
- dinner - cabbage casserole, salad, tea with milk;
- the second dinner is a bran broth.
Friday - fasting day on cottage cheese. You can eat 100 g of the product five times a day. And before going to bed, drink kefir. The menu is very meager, but unloading is very beneficial for the body. You can do it only once a week, not more often.
- the first breakfast - beet-prune salad, rosehip broth;
- snack - egg and coffee;
- lunch - milk soup, carrot cutlets, pasta baked with cheese, tea;
- afternoon tea - freshly squeezed juice;
- dinner - cottage cheese with prunes, dumplings with cottage cheese, tea;
- for the night - kefir.
- in the morning - milk oatmeal, vinaigrette, coffee;
- second breakfast - an omelet (you can cook with apples) and compote;
- lunch - beetroot, boiled beef with stewed cabbage, jelly;
- afternoon tea - fruits;
- in the evening - beets stuffed with apples and rice, curd cheese and rosehip broth.
As you can see, the menu is quite varied. There will be new dishes on the table every day, so sticking to the diet will be easy.
Diet table number 6 is useful not only for gout, but also for those who want to eat right and also lose weight. Therefore, there is nothing terrible and complicated in it.
Diet table 6 - tips and tricks
In addition to diet, it is very useful to carry out herbal medicine. It is advisable to include apples, currants, cherries, lingonberries, strawberries in the menu. They can be consumed both in the morning and in the evening. You can also prepare special decoctions and infusions of wild rose, lingonberry, chamomile, linden. They help well with this disease.
Lingonberry tea is one of the most effective remedies for gout. To prepare it, you need to pour a spoonful of the leaves of this berry with a glass of hot water. When the drink is infused, you can drink a tablespoon several times a day.
Another useful drink for gout is made from various herbs. It is necessary to mix in a spoonful of elderflower, chamomile, linden flowers, as well as St. John's wort. Pour boiling water over everything and simmer for 15 minutes. Then cool, strain and beat with water. Drink a little four times a day.
Table number 6 will help get rid of acute attacks of gout, relieve and improve the condition. Therefore, you should seriously approach the issue of nutrition with this disease. If you continue to eat improperly, the disease can worsen.