Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
A rash on the skin may indicate internal diseases and be caused by external influences. It can be infectious and non-infectious. There are also different types of rashes: vesicles, papules, vesicles, ulcers, erosion, pustules and others.
Rash on the body in an adult: infectious causes
As a rule, infections are accompanied by several symptoms at once. If the cause of the rash is an infectious disease, it must be treated, otherwise the symptoms will not go away.
- Measles. The disease is common in children but also affects adults. It is accompanied by lethargy, headache, cough, runny nose, fever, photophobia. A red rash is localized on the cheeks, neck, behind the ears, then on other parts of the body (small, forming spots) and white-pink spots on the palate. Treatment - drinking plenty of fluids, bed rest, antihistamines;
- Rubella can also affect adults. A small rash is localized on the body, sometimes on the mucous membranes and the face. It does not itch and passes without a trace. Other symptoms: temperature 37 ° C and swollen lymph nodes;
- Chickenpox begins with pink spots that develop into fluid-filled blisters. The latter burst and become covered with a crust. Elements itch. If you comb the bubble, a trace will remain. Elements are treated with brilliant green / fucorcin. Itching is relieved with antihistamines, and fever with antipyretics;
- Herpes is manifested by small blisters on the skin, mucous membranes. An exacerbation of the disease is provoked by colds, stress, and other factors that reduce immunity. The bubbles are filled with liquid, surrounded by reddened skin and dried crusts. The affected areas hurt, itch. The temperature rises as the bubbles spread throughout the body. Treatment includes antiviral, antiherpetic drugs, analgesics, ointments;
- Shingles begins as a flu: there is aches, headaches, chills, and the temperature rises slightly. After a while, the indicators of the thermometer reach 38-39 °, at the same time a rash appears - small bubbles with liquid inside. They hurt, itch, burn; localized mainly on the face and sternum, less often spread to the limbs. The bubbles subsequently burst and dry out. Treatment includes antiviral, sedative, and analgesic medications. Bubbles are treated with brilliant green;
- Pyoderma. The causative agents are streptococci and staphylococci. Most often, the ailment occurs against the background of metabolic disorders, in the blood system, central nervous system and gastrointestinal tract, long-term treatment with cytostatics or corticosteroids. Sebaceous, sweat glands, hair follicles are affected both throughout the body and in certain areas. Bubbles with liquid form first. When they burst, a serous-purulent crust will appear. Therapy includes antibiotics, sulfonamides, treatment of elements with salicylic alcohol;
- Folliculitis is an inflammation of the hair follicle. Pathogens - bacteria, viruses, parasites, fungi. Red skin is visible around the hair, which then turns into an abscess. If you do not take action, carbuncles, boils, abscesses are formed. The therapy is based on the treatment of the body with salicylic alcohol / brilliant green. If the causative agent is a fungus, antifungal is prescribed, bacteria - antibiotics.
Non-infectious causes of body rash in adults
The disease can manifest itself on any part of the body, including the palms, toes, scalp. If you do not take action, the disease can progress.
The first measure is to eliminate the irritant. When the whole body or large areas are affected, antihistamines are prescribed internally and externally.
The reason is direct skin contact with an irritant. The disease is manifested by a rash and itching at the points of contact. The affected area must be protected from infection, its integrity restored, and hygiene must be carefully monitored
The disease appears due to the irritating effects of external factors (mechanical, thermal, chemical) and disorders inside the body (malfunction of the central nervous system, gastrointestinal tract, endocrine system).
Eczema is characterized by small reddish-pink rashes all over the body - small blisters that quickly burst. In place of those, erosion with weeping is formed. When they dry, they turn into crusts.
Treatment involves taking vitamins, sedatives. Antipruritic agents are also required, as well as corticosteroid ointments.
Acne rosacea - rosacea
A feature of the disease is pustules and reddish bumps on the skin of the face. The skin at the site of localization of the elements of the rash becomes denser, the vessels become more noticeable. "Favorite" places of the disease - nose, cheeks, forehead, chin. The least common rosacea affects the chest, back, neck, scalp. Often the ailment is accompanied by reddening of the proteins, lacrimation, cramps and dry eyes. The causes of the disease can be hidden in improperly selected cosmetics, long-term treatment with medicines, disruptions in the gastrointestinal tract, endocrine pathologies, unbalanced diet, alcohol abuse.
Treatment depends on the cause of the condition. They can use antibiotics, sedatives, vitamins. Various creams and ointments are used externally. If inflammation is present, corticosteroid ointments are required.
A distinctive symptom is pink edematous blisters that look like traces of contact with nettles. The rash in this case is an immune response to an irritant. Treatment includes corticosteroids, sedatives, and antihistamines.
How to treat a rash: medications
To get rid of the discomfort, you need to identify its cause. Otherwise, therapy will be ineffective. It must be remembered that a rash is only a symptom.
Therapy can be based on antihistamines, corticosteroid (hormonal) and non-hormonal agents. Soothing (sedatives) are prescribed if itching is present. And sometimes the elements of the rash need to be lubricated with alcohol or brilliant green. It is imperative to follow a diet for the duration of treatment: give up irritating and heavy foods - fatty, sweet, spicy, salty. Be sure to exclude possible allergenic foods from the diet.
Popular corticosteroid medications:
How can you treat a rash according to folk recipes
Such therapy cannot be basic. Various means should be used only in combination with medications.
The most effective recipes:
- Lotions of black tea, sage, string, chamomile. To prepare the broth, you need 1 tsp. any plant (dry, crushed), pour a glass of hot boiled water, and let it brew for 2 hours. Then the infusion is filtered. Lotions / gauze compresses are made with him;
- Baths with a series and chamomile are more convenient to do when a rash appears all over the body. It is necessary to prepare the infusion according to the above recipe, but in other proportions - 5 tbsp. l. raw materials for 3 liters of water. The infusion is added to warm water and takes a bath for a quarter of an hour;
- Mummy solution. Dissolve 1 g of mummy in ½ cup of boiled water. Lubricate sore spots with the resulting solution;
- Fresh carrot juice is a good addition to therapy. It should be drunk before a meal twice a day in a glass.
Skin recovery after a rash
Regardless of the type of lesion, therapy can be completed with agents that accelerate tissue regeneration and restoration. For example, cream "La-Cree" and similar ones. Such remedies help to get rid of discomfort in case of allergies and in other cases.
Such drugs can have different properties: sedative, anti-inflammatory, restorative, analgesic and others.
Very often they are based on natural ingredients. But before using any of them, you need to familiarize yourself with the contraindications and possible side effects.