Table of contents:
- Meat goulash with a taste from childhood
- A simple beef goulash recipe
- Sweet pepper goulash recipe
- Apple Beef Recipe
- Delicious goulash on white wine
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Difficulty Medium Publication author Alexandra Lychko AL
A hearty and tasty dish for lunch or dinner, popular in many countries, it is made from lean meat and is known as "Beef goulash with gravy".
There are many recipes for this dish, each housewife has her own secret of improving the taste, but the basis of all options is the classic goulash made from beef or veal meat.
Meat goulash with a taste from childhood
For many, a memorable childhood dish that was often served for lunch in kindergarten is a delicious beef goulash with gravy. A nourishing and at the same time delicious second dish was in harmony with any side dish, even with the porridge that children did not like.
- 600 grams of beef;
- one large onion;
- medium-sized carrots;
- 50 grams of flour;
- 30 grams of tomato paste;
- salt to taste, a small bay leaf.
- The beef is washed, cleaned of tendons, cut into small cubes.
- The pan is heated over medium heat, the meat is fried until half cooked in sunflower oil.
- Finely chopped onion is added to the meat, stewed for a couple of minutes.
- Finely grated carrots are added to the meat with onions and fried for several minutes until the vegetables are fully cooked.
- Flour is fried in a dry frying pan until brown.
- Flour and tomato paste are added to beef with vegetables, fried for a couple of minutes.
- The mixture is salted and a liter of liquid or broth is added, constantly stirring the mixture.
- Stew for another quarter of an hour, add bay leaf a couple of minutes before readiness.
Beef meat can be of different hardness, therefore, before preparing goulash, it is recommended to boil too hard meat a little in salted water. The broth left over from boiling can be used to make gravy. The second option for stewing tough beef is a slow cooker. Ingredients are placed in it and the desired mode is set.
A simple beef goulash recipe
The meat prepared according to this recipe has a soft texture and delicate taste. It is eagerly eaten by both children and old people, besides, it is not difficult to make such beef: you can cook it using a multicooker, or on a regular stove.
- about a kilogram of lean beef;
- fresh tomatoes - 4 pcs;
- one medium onion;
- 150 ml sour cream of any fat content;
- salt pepper.
- Chop the onion with a knife, cut the meat into small cubes.
- The mixture of beef and onion is transferred to a container for making goulash, sunflower oil is added.
- Fry over high heat, stirring constantly, for about 10 minutes.
- Peel off tomatoes scalded with boiling water, chop and add to meat with onions, add salt and pepper.
- The mixture is stirred, covered with a lid, stewed over low heat for 40 minutes, stirring regularly.
- If the beef is cooked in a slow cooker, then the ingredients are placed at the same time and cook in the "stewing" mode for 40 minutes. At the end, the multicooker will give a signal of readiness.
- Add sour cream, stir, bring to a boil and turn off immediately. The finished dish should stand under the lid for another 5 minutes. When cooking in a slow cooker, sour cream is added immediately before serving.
Culinary experts recommend serving this meat dish with gravy to side dishes of pasta and crumbly cereals. Such meat with mushroom garnish will also be a tasty combination.
Sweet pepper goulash recipe
A spicy and tasty meat dish is considered an indispensable addition not only to an everyday dinner, but also diversifies the festive table.
- half a kilo of beef pulp;
- sweet bell pepper - 3 pcs;
- a pair of onions;
- a couple of tablespoons of red ground pepper;
- 60 grams of tomato paste;
- a glass of dry red wine;
- 60 gr sour cream;
- salt, pepper, olive oil.
- Cut the beef into small cubes, the onion into thin half rings, and the pepper into thin strips.
- Add oil to a preheated pan, fry the meat until half cooked, salt and pepper.
- Add onions, bell peppers, fry for several minutes, add tomato paste, wine and half a glass of boiling water.
- The mixture is covered with a lid and simmered over low heat for an hour or one and a half, depending on the hardness of the beef.
- Sour cream is added a quarter of an hour before the end of cooking.
You can also cook spicy beef with gravy in a slow cooker. It is not difficult to do this: all the ingredients just need to be placed in the multicooker bowl, set the "meat" and "stewing" modes, the cooking time is one and a half hours. You should not add sour cream to such a dish; it can be put into ready-made hot goulash before serving.
Apple Beef Recipe
Sweet and sour delicious goulash with gravy is prepared according to the classic recipe with the addition of apples.
- half a kilo of beef;
- medium-sized apple - 3 pcs;
- a pair of onions;
- carrots - 2pcs;
- salt pepper.
- Beef is cleaned of films and tendons, cut into small cubes, salted, pepper.
- Fry in sunflower oil until golden brown, transfer to a saucepan or multicooker bowl.
- Peel and core apples, cut into cubes, onions into small rings, grate carrots on a coarse grater.
- Fry the fruit and vegetable mixture until soft, add a couple of tablespoons of tomato paste, a spoonful of flour, mix.
- The fried mixture is transferred to a saucepan or slow cooker, add water or a little broth for gravy, salt, spices, bay leaf.
- You can cook such a delicious goulash for an hour over low heat or in the "stewing" multicooker mode.
Beef goulash with gravy is cooked in a slow cooker for about an hour, while the recommendations for cooking meat specified in the instructions should be taken into account.
Delicious goulash on white wine
Gourmets prefer meat recipes with the addition of different wines: white, red, dry or dessert. There are many recipes for such delicacies; meat goulash with white wine, which is prepared in a traditional way or in a slow cooker, is especially popular.
- half a kilo of beef or veal;
- half a kilo of carrots;
- 30 grams of butter;
- 10 grams of flour;
- a pair of onions;
- 30 grams of low-fat sour cream;
- salt, spices, a bunch of parsley.
- The meat is cut into small cubes, placed in a stewing container, and poured with a small amount of water.
- Add salt, onion, cut into rings. Put out over medium heat until soft.
- The second onion is chopped, the carrots are grated on a medium grater, stewed until half cooked, poured with white dry wine, sour cream is added.
- The sauce is brought to a boil, the meat is poured, and heated over low heat for a quarter of an hour.
- Finely chopped greens are added before serving.
The calorie content of such a second dish is high, since a small amount of fat and oil is used in its preparation. This delicious goulash is also prepared in a multicooker, by putting the prepared meat and sauce in a multicooker bowl. Further cooking will take a little time: just set the "heating" mode for a quarter of an hour.
The meat will be saturated with a fragrant sauce, after the signal that the multicooker is ready, you should not immediately open it, it is better to wait another quarter of an hour.