Table of contents:
- Wonderful medallions
- General recommendations
- Recipe for making beef medallions in bacon with wine sauce
- Recipe for tender beef medallions in a slow cooker
- Recipe for making beef medallions with apple and cherry sauce
- Oven Beef Medallions Recipe
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Difficulty Medium Publication author Natalia Ilyukhina NI
Tenderloin (sirloin edge) is not without reason considered the most valuable and nutritious part of the carcass - dishes from it are always tender, aromatic and juicy. Beef tenderloin is especially appreciated by gourmets, from which you can prepare a lot of mouth-watering dishes, for example, the so-called medallions.
Beef medallions are a traditional gourmet delicacy of French cuisine, loved by many nations. They are small chops with a round shape (that's why, in fact, they are called so), fried in a pan or baked in the oven or slow cooker.
It is always prepared from fresh products of the highest quality, served on the table with vegetables - tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, salad, broccoli or beans. It goes well with red dry wine.
Despite the fact that beef medallions are served in the most expensive and elite restaurants in many countries of the world, each of us can prepare them in our own kitchen, there is nothing complicated about it.
There is a huge number of different recipes for beef medallions - in a slow cooker, in the oven, with apples, mushrooms, with cheese, garlic, pepper, mustard sauces … You can't even list everything. Today we offer a selection of the most successful, in our opinion, recipes and tell you in detail how to make delicious beef medallions.
You can use any specific recipe for making medallions, or you can experiment by combining several of them at once.
Buy only fresh, soft tenderloin. You can determine the quality by lightly pressing it with your finger - a fresh product will quickly restore its original shape.
Cut the tenderloin not lengthwise, but across the grain.
The thickness of unbroken raw pieces should be approximately 1.5-2 cm. Beat off through a plastic wrap or plastic bag.
To give the meat pieces a round shape, tie each piece with a strong thread before baking, soaked in water. After cooking, carefully remove the thread.
Recipe for making beef medallions in bacon with wine sauce
This dish is served in many expensive restaurants and cafes. Thanks to the acids in the wine, the meat becomes soft and acquires a refined taste and aroma.
- 4 slices of tenderloin;
- 4 strips of bacon 10-15 cm long, 2-3 cm wide and 2-3 mm thick;
- 25 ml of brandy;
- 50 ml of Cabernet Sauvignon wine;
- 50 ml cream;
- 1 onion head;
- a few garlic cloves;
- 25 g butter;
- 25 g sunflower oil;
- salt, black pepper (ground).
- Lightly beat off the raw beef medallions.
- We wrap each piece around the circumference with bacon, tie it with a thread, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sunflower oil into a hot frying pan and fry the meat for 4 minutes on both sides. You shouldn't move it to get a crispy crust.
- Mix the garlic crushed with a knife with slightly warmed butter and pour the resulting sauce onto the tenderloin.
- Without stopping frying, pour the onion cut into thin rings into the pan and simmer until soft.
- We turn off the stove, sprinkle the contents of the pan with cognac, set it on fire and wait until all the alcohol has evaporated.
- Then we carefully take out the meat, put it on a clean plate and start making the sauce.
- To do this, pour wine, cream into the same pan and boil over low heat until thickened.
That's it, the delicious bacon-wrapped medallions are ready! Sprinkle them generously with sauce and serve with a side dish.
Recipe for tender beef medallions in a slow cooker
It would seem, well, how can you cook an exquisite restaurant dish in a multicooker? Meanwhile, it is in the multicooker that the tenderloin turns out to be especially tender, tasty and juicy.
- 450 g tenderloin (4-5 pieces);
- 120 g fat sour cream;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- 4 medium tomatoes;
- 150 g of hard cheese;
- 2 glasses of milk;
- 20 g butter.
- We beat each piece, salt, pepper, tie with a thread.
- In a slow cooker, set the baking mode, put the meat there and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side with the lid open.
- Press the garlic with a knife, mix with sour cream, cut the tomatoes into circles, three cheese on a fine or medium grater.
- We put the meat in a slow cooker in layers, generously grease it with sour cream sauce, put the tomatoes on top and sprinkle everything with grated cheese, then pour all this "happiness" with milk.
- Set the “baking” mode to the multicooker again and cook the dish for an hour.
Recipe for making beef medallions with apple and cherry sauce
This recipe will appeal to lovers of sweet and sour meat.
- 3 slices of tenderloin;
- 1 sour apple;
- 15 g of vegetable oil;
- 1 g barbecue spice;
- 60 g pitted cherries;
- 60 ml dry red wine;
- 10 g sugar;
- 5 g dry red pepper;
- salt, black pepper.
- We beat off the beef medallions, rub them with a mixture of spices, tie them with a thread.
- Peel the apple and cut into circles.
- Pour oil into a hot frying pan and fry the meat along with the apple slices for 3 minutes on both sides.
- Pour the cherries into the same pan, pour everything with wine and evaporate until the sauce thickens.
- A few minutes before removing from heat, add salt, black and red pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the fanned meat and apple pieces and serve to the guests.
Oven Beef Medallions Recipe
This dish is suitable both for a festive table in a cozy family circle, and for large celebrations - a wedding or birthday. The meat baked in the oven becomes very tender and aromatic, and therefore will be enjoyed even by the discerning gourmet. Plus, his recipe is pretty simple.
- 4 slices of tenderloin;
- 25 g soy sauce;
- 3 tbsp. tablespoons of olive or sunflower oil;
- 50 g of Russian cheese;
- 2 tsp lemon juice;
- 50 g mayonnaise (67%);
- 5 g of Italian herbs.
- Lightly beat off the raw meat, rub with soy sauce, Italian herbs, lemon juice and let it brew for 20 minutes.
- Pour the oil into a hot frying pan and fry the slices on both sides for 3-4 minutes.
- Grease the baking dish with vegetable oil, put the fried meat there, grease with mayonnaise, put onion chopped into rings on top and sprinkle with cheese grated on a medium grater.
- We bake in an oven preheated to 220 ° C for 25 minutes.
- During the cooking process, it is necessary to ensure that the beef medallions do not burn.
- If necessary, you can lower the temperature and add some hot water.
Beef medallions are ready! Enjoy!