Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Difficulty Medium Publication author Victoria Zemskova VZ
Beef is not considered exotic meat. Dishes from it appear on the table almost every day for those who are not interested in vegetarianism. Why is this meat so popular?
Such familiar beef
Beef has a high energy value and nutritional value. This product owes its beneficial properties to the high content of B vitamins, iron and folic acid.
Protein, of which beef is almost completely composed, activates the body, saturates it with useful amino acids.
Cattle meat is assimilated relatively easily; it does not form rotting residues with healthy digestive organs.
The presence of meat in moderation in the daily diet strengthens the work of the heart and blood vessels, improves the quality of blood, increasing the level of hemoglobin in it, which significantly reduces the risk of strokes and heart attacks. Satiety after eating has a beneficial effect on the nervous system. Promotes a comfortable state.
The use of beef is recommended when engaging in hard physical labor and sports, red meat helps to recover from serious illnesses that cause anemia.
It is dangerous to eat beef only with individual intolerance and in the case when animals were raised in violation of sanitary standards, adding hormones and drugs to food.
Sometimes pesticides and chemicals enter the animal's body with food - it is difficult to find an "ecologically clean" area on earth. But if you do not overeat, a poor-quality piece of meat will not cause any consequences for the body - in a critical amount, harmful substances are not deposited in the muscles of animals.
You can not abuse beef for people with a history of the following diseases: arthrosis, arthritis, gout. Meat contains a large amount of purine, which provokes the accumulation of uric acid in the body, which aggravates these diseases.
How to choose meat
- Colour. Quality beef has a confident red color, veal is pink-red. Overly light veal indicates that the growth of the animal was stimulated by steroids;
- The meat should be almost dry to the touch, there should be no mucus on it. A dried crust of lymph is acceptable;
- The suggested piece should smell good;
- Beef fat of fresh meat, if crumpled in hand, crumbles;
- Fresh meat should quickly return to its original shape when pressed. If a hole remains in the surface of a piece, it is stale.
When choosing a piece of beef, you need to at least roughly imagine what it will be needed for. The content of bones in different pieces of the animal's body and the speed of their preparation differ significantly.
This dish can be classified as a juicy, mouth-watering and highly nutritious meal. Despite the simplicity of preparation, the beef gravy with onions and carrots turns out to be deliciously tasty. This simple recipe came from my grandmother, and has now entered the home diet.
- 400-500 g of beef;
- 1 onion;
- 1 small carrot;
- 1 tablespoon flour.
- Cut the beef into cubes and fry in vegetable oil until a brown crust is obtained;
- It is important not to overdo it with roasting to keep the meat tender. Then finely chop the onion and grate the carrots on a medium grater, add to the meat, fry everything together for literally a minute;
- After filling the contents with water so that the meat is covered;
- In order for the gravy to be not too liquid, you need to add a spoonful of flour, and stir well to avoid lumps. Salt and simmer over low heat for 20-25 minutes;
- The gravy turns out to be tender and juicy. Various cereals, pasta and mashed potatoes are well suited as a side dish.
Gravy in a slow cooker
- tomato paste;
- pre-cooked meat broth;
- salted cucumbers;
- vegetable oil;
- no flour is needed.
- The meat is cut into strips, carrots can also be cut into strips, or you can grate on a coarse grater, squeeze the garlic. Slicing onions - regular;
- The meat is fried in a bowl in vegetable oil until it changes its color - it darkens, at this stage it is salted;
- Add prepared slices and, stirring constantly, fry for about 6 minutes. If the meat is dry, it is permissible to add a little water - 2-3 tablespoons. The lid of the pot is open and it will quickly boil away;
- Then add cucumbers to the pan and all the remaining ingredients to taste;
- At this stage, you should be especially careful - pickles - of course - contain salt. So before adding salt to the dish, you need to taste it;
- After mixing the contents, close the pan, and set the "quenching" mode for 1, 5 hours. During the preparation of the dish, you need to periodically taste the meat - the degree of readiness of the beef largely depends on its quality;
- The young cooks faster, the old slower. Overcooked beef is not very tasty.
As soon as the meat reaches the desired tenderness, it can be served. Bon Appetit!