Table of contents:
- Beef rump steak recipe in a pan
- Oven beef steak recipe
- How to cook rump steak from beef in a slow cooker?
- How to roast beef steak with Dor Blue cheese and horseradish?
- How to make beef rump steak with prunes?
- How to cook uncoated marinated rump steak?
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Difficulty Medium Publication author Victoria Larina VL
Rump steak is a piece of meat that is 1–2 cm thick and weighs 110–130 g. For it, either fillet or the upper part of the inner part of the hind leg is used. The meat is breaded and served with various side dishes.
Various spices and sauces can be used to enhance the taste. Consider several recipes for making delicious beef.
Beef rump steak recipe in a pan
Let's start with the classic cooking option, which involves first frying and then baking. Thanks to this combination of heat treatment, the meat forms a beautiful crust, but it remains juicy.
- 1 kg of tenderloin;
- 2 eggs;
- 55 g ghee;
- croutons for breading.
- Cut the prepared tenderloin into pieces, as mentioned, about 2 cm thick.
- Using a hammer, beat them lightly on both sides.
- To prepare a batter called lice, you need to combine eggs with a tablespoon of water, and add a little salt and spices.
- Using a whisk, beat the mixture until a homogeneous consistency is formed.
- Pour the croutons into a separate flat plate.
- Pour oil into the skillet to warm it up.
- Dip each piece of tenderloin first in the "ice", and then roll in crackers and put in a frying pan.
- Cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment and cook in the oven until tender.
- If everything is ready, then when pierced, a clear juice will be released.
Oven beef steak recipe
This option is similar to the previous recipe, but there are still significant differences. In addition, we suggest immediately cooking beef with a vegetable pillow, which is a light side dish. The amount of ingredients is calculated for 4 servings.
- 450 g of beef;
- 4 tbsp. tablespoons of flour;
- 1 teaspoon of salt;
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil;
- 125 g chopped celery;
- 125 g chopped carrots;
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of chopped onions;
- 2 cans of tomatoes in their own juice;
- 0.5 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce;
- 60 ml of chopped hard cheese.
- It is recommended to preheat the oven to 163 degrees.
- At this time, take a skillet and heat the oil there over medium heat.
- Prepare and beat the beef.
- Combine flour and salt and mix well.
- Roll the slices in the resulting mixture so that the entire surface is covered.
- Fry the steaks in a skillet for about 3 minutes. from each side. During this time, a ruddy crust should form.
- Place the meat on a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In another skillet, fry the prepared vegetables in oil for 4 minutes. constantly, stirring.
- Then add the sauce and tomatoes, and when the contents boil, reduce the heat and cook for another 5 minutes. Mix everything well.
- Take a baking dish and place the rump steaks and then the vegetables.
- Cover with foil and cook in the oven for an hour.
- After the time has passed, remove the foil, sprinkle everything with cheese and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
How to cook rump steak from beef in a slow cooker?
Another variation on the classic rump steak theme. The multicooker allows you to quickly and efficiently cook meat that will not differ from the option in the pan. The amount of ingredients is calculated for 3-4 servings.
- 0.5 kg of meat;
- 1 teaspoon of mustard;
- 1 tsp mayonnaise;
- 80 ml of milk;
- 100 g flour.
- Cut the meat into pieces, beat on both sides, and then salt and pepper.
- Prepare a batter for which you combine eggs, mustard, mayonnaise, milk and spices.
- Whisk everything until smooth.
- Add flour in portions and continue mixing.
- The finished batter should have a consistency like kefir.
- Turn on the multicooker in the "Fry" mode, pour oil into the bowl and heat it up for a few minutes.
- Thoroughly dip the pieces of beef in the batter and put in a slow cooker.
- You need to fry until golden brown on both sides.
- If, after piercing the rump steak, you see red juice, then cook for another 25-30 minutes. in heating mode.
How to roast beef steak with Dor Blue cheese and horseradish?
Now let's consider the original version of the dish that deserves to be on the restaurant menu. If you want to surprise your loved ones, then be sure to treat them with such meat. The amount of ingredients is calculated for 4-5 servings.
- 800 g of beef;
- 75 g of cheese;
- 100 g of champignons;
- 100 g sweet pepper;
- 4 tbsp. spoons of croutons for breading;
- 1 tbsp. a spoonful of chopped horseradish;
- 1 tbsp. a spoonful of mayonnaise;
- 1 tbsp. a spoonful of butter;
- The beef tenderloin should be washed, dried, cut into pieces and beaten.
- Combine chopped cheese, horseradish, mayonnaise, chopped herbs and spices.
- In a separate flat plate, combine the croutons with salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs well in a deep bowl.
- Dip each piece of meat first in the egg mass, and then in the breading mixture.
- Place them in a skillet where you need to preheat the oil.
- Fry until beautifully golden brown.
- Place the rump steaks in a baking dish and top with the prepared cheese mixture.
- Send to the oven preheated to 180 degrees for 10 minutes. The original and savory dish is ready.
How to make beef rump steak with prunes?
Using this recipe, you can cook aromatic and juicy meat, which is complemented by spicy prunes. A wonderful dish for a family dinner and for a festive table. It is recommended to serve red wine with it. The amount of ingredients is calculated for 5-6 servings.
- 1.5 kg of beef;
- 3 large onions;
- 200 g of prunes;
- The meat must first be washed, dried and cut into portions.
- Then prepare the vegetables: cut the peeled carrots into slices and the onions into rings.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the meat in it until a beautiful crust forms.
- This will take about a couple of minutes.
- Put the soaked prunes in a baking dish, and put the pieces of meat on top.
- Fry the onions and carrots separately until golden brown, and then put the vegetables on top of the beef.
- Pour in hot water or broth.
- Place the dish in the oven, which should be preheated to 180 degrees.
- Cooking time - 2.5 hours.
- Serve separately or with a side dish.
How to cook uncoated marinated rump steak?
Another option that is suitable for lovers of delicious steaks. Be sure to use as fresh beef as possible to get the right result.
- 4 steaks;
- 2 onions;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- 6 tbsp. tablespoons of olive oil;
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of lemon juice;
- 1 tbsp. a spoonful of spices.
- First you need to make a marinade, for which combine chopped onions, garlic, spices, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Mix everything and brush, using a silicone brush, all the steaks on both sides.
- Cover everything with a lid and leave in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Then remove excess marinade from the meat and fry it in hot oil over high heat for a minute on each side.
- In this case, you will get a rump steak with blood, if you want medium-rare meat, then increase the time to 4 minutes. from each side.
- Sprinkle the finished steaks with salt and pepper to taste.
- The leftover marinade can be used to make a sauce.
As you can see, rump steak can be prepared in many different ways. This meat dish goes well with different side dishes, and use sauces for variety.