Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Difficulty Medium Publication author Oksana Shavyrina OSH
The name of this meat arose due to the fact that in appearance it resembles a rather valuable stone - marble. Evenly distributed layers of fat create a very beautiful pattern, and during cooking they melt, which makes the product juicy and tender. Steaks and other well-known meat dishes are most often prepared from this product.
Culinary Secrets of Cooking Marbled Beef
Each product has its own characteristics and, first of all, it concerns delicacies. It is important to know them so that the dish is tasty and does not spoil the experience.
Helpful Tips for Cooking Marbled Meat:
- You do not need to marinate the beef, since it will turn out to be juicy and soft anyway. If you want to add original flavor notes, then you need to marinate exclusively in the refrigerator and no more than 6 hours;
- The duration of the heat treatment is of great importance, since if the steak is overexposed on the fire, then it will become rubber;
- Thick pieces are best cooked on the grill, a frying pan would be an ideal option for cutting, and you can also bake such meat in the oven;
- There should be little salt in the recipes, and you need to add it at the beginning and at the end of heat treatment;
- Add olive oil, rosemary and basil to the product;
- Meat goes best with vegetable and fruit side dishes. It is also recommended to serve different sauces.
How to cook marbled beef in a pan?
As mentioned above, steaks known throughout the world are prepared from such meat, which are prepared from different parts of the carcass. Let's consider the most popular options.
Striploin steak New York
For this option, you need to take parts from the head or lumbar back. They have a distinct beef flavor due to the presence of thicker fibers.
- steak 250 g;
- 2 teaspoons of oil;
- 400 ml of water.
Vegetables are best served as a side dish.
- Wash the meat and pat dry with paper towels to keep it dry.
- Wipe off both sides with a little pepper, brush with oil and leave for 2 hours.
- Preheat a dry grooved skillet well and place the beef on top.
- After half a minute, move it 90 degrees to end up with a nice drawing.
- When a beautiful brown crust appears, the steak must be transferred to a not so hot pan with the other side and brought to readiness. This can be determined using a simple test: poke a piece with a knife a little, and then press on it. If the juice is light pink in color, it means that the meat is medium-rare, and a clear liquid indicates readiness.
- Wrap the steak in foil and let sit for a couple of minutes. This will allow the internal juices to be properly distributed and the meat will be juicy.
Rib eye steak from marbled beef
For this dish, meat from the rib area is used, which is more fatty and juicy. This option is the most expensive in restaurants. Steamed meat is not recommended. There are 3 main degrees of roasting and the duration of heat treatment can be from 2 to 8 minutes. You can cook in either a regular or a grooved pan.
- 4 thick rim steaks;
- coarse table salt;
- Heat the oil well in a skillet and beat the meat a little on each side.
- Sear the beef to the desired degree of doneness with a twist.
- Place it on a plate, add salt and pepper.
- Serve with herbs and a glass of red table wine.
Tee-bon steak with sauce
For this option, meat is used on a T-shaped bone, which is cut out at the border of the lumbar and dorsal parts.
- Blot the meat with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper on each side.
- Oil should be used to lubricate not only the beef, but also the frying pan.
- Fry for 7 minutes. from each side.
- Peel the tomatoes and beat them in a blender.
- Send the herbs, chopped garlic there and mix everything well.
Marbled Beef Recipes
There is a huge variety of delicious dishes that can be found on the menus of many restaurants. Today, every person has the opportunity to cook them at home from readily available ingredients.
This dish is very popular, its delicate taste is remembered for a long time. There is no need to be afraid to eat raw meat, as the marinade makes it safe.
- 170 g beef fillet;
- 15 g shallots;
- 15 g pesto sauce;
- 15 g olive oil;
- quail egg;
- 10 g of brandy;
- 10 g lemon;
- white bread crouton;
- 2 g thyme;
- 2 g rosemary;
- 2 g basil;
- 3 g frieze;
- 5 g radicchio.
- Cut the peeled onion and beef into small cubes.
- Put them in a bowl, cover with cognac, lemon juice, olive oil, add salt and pepper, and beat an egg.
- Mix everything well and add chopped herbs.
- Place the tartare on a washer-shaped plate. For convenience, take a special ring or just cut a regular plastic bottle.
- Garnish with croutons and lettuce.
Marbled meat is suitable for making a very popular sandwich all over the world. You can use a regular bun, but the ciabatta version is also delicious. The amount of ingredients is calculated for 2 servings.
- 2 rolls;
- a tomato;
- 25 g homemade mayonnaise;
- 0.5 g of marbled beef;
- 2 tbsp. spoons of Worcestershire sauce;
- 1 sec. a spoonful of Dijon mustard;
- sea salt;
- a bunch of salad;
- 4 processed cheese.
- Marbled beef should be minced in a blender or meat grinder to get a coarse minced meat. You can just chop it with a knife. Thanks to not too small pieces, the cutlet will turn out juicy.
- Cut the tomato into rings and the cucumber lengthwise.
- Put the mustard, sauce, salt and pepper in the minced meat.
- Mix everything thoroughly and divide the total mass into 2 equal parts. Form burger patties.
- Fry the patties in hot oil for 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Cut the buns into halves lengthwise.
- Lubricate the bottom with 1 tbsp. spoon of mayonnaise, put a leaf of lettuce on it and a piece of cheese.
- Then comes the tomato, cucumber and the second part of the roll.
- These homemade burgers can be given to children without fear for their health.
Another recipe for your cookbook that real foodies will love. Carpaccio made from this delicious meat can be tasted in different countries, or you can make it at home.
- 65 g of beef;
- 35 g raspberries;
- 1/2 tbsp. spoons of oil;
- 1/2 teaspoon of powder;
- 30 g arugula;
- lemon juice.
To make the sauce you need to take:
- blackberries, about 10 g each;
- 20 g parmesan;
- 1, 5 Art. spoons of oil;
- a small clove of garlic.
- Wash and tear the arugula with your hands, mix them with thin slices of cheese, and then sprinkle with oil and citrus juice.
- Add salt and pepper as well.
- Mix everything and place in a slide in the center of the plate.
- Wrap the beef with foil so that it takes the shape of a cylinder, and send it to the freezer for an hour.
- After taking it out, cut it into slices as thin as possible and place them around a slide of salad.
- Mix the sauce ingredients with a blender until smooth.
- Pour it over a dish, garnish with rosemary and fresh berries.
Now you know how to properly cook marbled beef to get a real delicacy. Enjoy cooking for your family and friends.