Table of contents:
- How to make kupatas?
- How to cook semi-finished kupaty in a pan?
- How to stew kupaty in a pan?
- How to fry kupaty in tomato sauce in a pan?
- Recipe for kupat with lecho
- How to cook kupaty with vegetables?
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Difficulty Medium Publication author Oksana Zheltukhina ОЖ
You can cook kupaty yourself at home or buy semi-finished products in the store. They are a national dish of Georgian cuisine that can be cooked in different ways, for example, roasted in the oven, grilled and in a pan. It is recommended to serve them hot immediately after heat treatment. They are delicious in combination with pomegranate and tomato sauce and herbs.
How to make kupatas?
Before figuring out how to fry a product, we suggest you learn how to cook them at home. In this case, there is no doubt about the quality of the products used for cooking. Meat can be taken in different ways or a mixture of several options. It is best to use fatty meats for juiciness.
- 1 kg of meat;
- 3 onions;
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of vinegar 9%;
- salt and pepper;
- and another 2 m of small pig intestines.
- Meat is best cut with a knife, rather than chopped with a meat grinder.
- Cubes should be no more than 1 cm.
- Combine them with chopped onions.
- Add spices, vinegar and salt.
- Knead everything well with your hands and leave the minced meat for a couple of hours to marinate the meat.
- Rinse the intestines and fill them with prepared minced meat.
- Sausages can be of any length, but most often they are made 15-20 cm.
- Tie the ends with a thread. That's all kupaty can be fried or frozen for the future.
How to cook semi-finished kupaty in a pan?
Kupaty is ideal not only for a picnic, but also for different meals. For a variety of tastes, various sauces, spices, etc. are used.
So that during frying, the intestines do not burst, it is recommended to lower for a minute already
stuffed in boiling water. After that, it is worth blotting them with a paper towel to remove excess liquid, then oil will not splash during frying. Another secret to keep the sausages intact is to pierce them on each side with a needle;
- Frozen kupat should be properly defrosted. To do this, first leave them in the refrigerator, and then, at room temperature;
- Frying should take place over medium heat, and for a crispy crust at the end of the heat treatment, the fire should be increased.
There are several ways how to cook kupaty in a pan, we suggest considering them in more detail.
- Cooking option number 1. If sausages are fried incorrectly, the casing may burst. It is recommended to pre-boil them in a small volume of water, and when the liquid has completely evaporated, fry them. Take a deep frying pan and send 1 tbsp. a spoonful of oil and 0.5 tbsp. plain water. Put the blanks and simmer under the lid for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and continue cooking, turning over from time to time. Let's figure out how much to fry kupaty in a pan until cooked? It is worth spending 15 minutes for such heat treatment. As a result, the sausages will acquire a golden crust.
- Cooking option number 2. In this method, it is worth starting cooking with boiling. To do this, in 1 liter of water, put 2 teaspoons of salt, 4 bay leaves, black and allspice, 0.5 teaspoons each of coriander and dill seed. Cook for 12 minutes. It is recommended to leave the sausages in water to cool. Then, take them out and pat dry with a paper towel. The next step is to fry in oil until golden brown on all sides.
How to stew kupaty in a pan?
Sausages prepared according to this recipe are juicy and tender. Tomato-garlic sauce makes the dish original and savory.
- 5 sausages;
- 3 tomatoes;
- 2 onions;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- 5 cm.ginger root;
- spices and salt.
- Cut the sausages into 1 cm thick slices.
- Fry them over high heat in oil and transfer to a plate.
- Chop the onion and garlic, and grate the ginger and tomatoes.
- Fry the onion in hot oil, add the tomato paste and bring to a boil.
- Put the other ingredients in there.
- After boiling again, add the sausages and simmer for 10 minutes. serve with chopped herbs.
How to fry kupaty in tomato sauce in a pan?
Sausages in tomato sauce are delicious and spicy. The combination of meat with tomatoes has always been considered ideal, and the spices make the taste even more piquant.
- 4 sausages;
- 2 tbsp. spoons of tomato paste;
- 2 tbsp. sour cream boxes;
- 1 tbsp. a spoonful of soy sauce;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 1 teaspoon of herbs;
- half a bunch of dill.
- Kupaty should be pierced from both sides so that they do not burst during cooking.
In a frying pan
heat the oil and send the sausages there.
- Fry for 12 minutes. until golden brown on all sides.
- For the tomato sauce, combine the chopped garlic, pasta, sour cream, and soy sauce separately.
- Mix everything well and pour in some water so that the mixture is liquid.
- Add the sauce to the main ingredient, sprinkle with herbs, close the lid and cook for 10 minutes. Sprinkle everything with chopped herbs before serving.
Recipe for kupat with lecho
This dish is quick and easy to prepare. It is suitable for any side dish, but sausages with mashed potatoes are especially tasty. Thanks to vegetables and sauce, sausages are juicy and tender.
- 6 sausages;
- 0.5 l lecho.
- Pierce the sausages on both sides and place in a preheated pan.
- It is important to know how much time to fry the products in this recipe, in general, you will have to spend about 15 minutes.
- It is important to turn the sausages periodically to form an even golden brown crust.
- Add lecho and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. During this time, the sausages should be completely cooked.
How to cook kupaty with vegetables?
Thanks to this recipe, you can prepare a complete meal that can be served with any meal. It is very satisfying and delicious.
- 4 sausages;
- clove of garlic;
- 2 carrots;
- 220 g canned tomatoes;
- 100 ml fruit cider;
- 0, 5 tbsp. chicken broth;
- 1 tbsp. a spoonful of oil;
- green onions;
- salt and pepper.
- Kupaty should be pierced in several places with a fork so that they do not burst.
In a frying pan
heat the oil, add the sausages and fry for 5 minutes. over high heat.
- As a result, a ruddy crust should form. Remember to turn over.
- You need to spread the workpieces on paper towels to remove excess fat.
- Peel the vegetables. Cut the onion into small cubes, and pass the garlic through a press. Cut the carrots into thin slices.
- You need to fry the onions where the sausages were prepared.
- After that, put the garlic, carrots there and cook for another 7 minutes. over low heat.
- Send the sliced tomatoes, cider and broth to the pan. When everything boils, add the sausages and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- At the end of cooking, add spices, stir and remove from heat. Serve with chopped herbs.
As you can see, all the recipes discussed above are simple and quite affordable. Kupaty can be used for culinary experiments, getting new and original dishes.