Table of contents:
- Creamy broccoli puree soup
- Broccoli and cauliflower puree soup with cheese
- Broccoli and spinach puree soup
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Difficulty Medium Publication author Victoria Zemskova VZ
Hearing the phrase "broccoli puree" most people will make a displeased face. This is not surprising, because the imagination helpfully draws them pictures of a greenish liquid that looks inedible. In fact, this cabbage can be used to make a delicious first course. Therefore, let's discuss a few recipes for broccoli puree soup that will delight eaters with their taste and aroma.
Creamy broccoli puree soup
Most puréed first courses are prepared with the addition of cream, and it is this product that gives the food a delicate creamy taste.
- Broccoli - 800 g;
- Fresh potatoes - 400 g;
- Medium carrots - 3 pcs.;
- Onions: if large, then 2 heads, and if small, then 5;
- Garlic cloves - 3 pcs.;
- Fresh parsley - 50 g;
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp l.;
- Vegetable broth - 1 l;
- Cream (recommended fat content 33%) - 200 ml.
These ingredients will make 6 full servings.
- Place the pot of vegetable stock on gas. When the liquid boils, put the potatoes, previously peeled and cut into cubes, into a saucepan;
- Let the potatoes simmer for about 10 minutes, then toss the broccoli into the pot. Cabbage can be added even frozen, but, of course, without large pieces of ice;
- Remove the husks and skins from the onions and carrots, cut the vegetables into large pieces;
- Fry the onion and carrots in a pan with heated olive oil. For those on a healthy diet, you can skip this step;
- Send the fried vegetables to the broth with potatoes and cabbage. Cook everything together for a quarter of an hour;
- During this time, the vegetables should become soft, but if the ingredients have not been cooked yet, do not rush to turn off the gas, boil the soup;
- Having removed the container with the first course from the heat, add there the garlic cloves, previously chopped;
- Wash and chop the parsley thoroughly, send it to the pan, add your favorite spices;
- Armed with a blender, grind the contents of the saucepan until smooth;
- If you are not satisfied with the consistency of the soup, you can change it. Add water to thin it and flour to thicken it;
- After that, the puree soup is ready, pour it into bowls. Before serving, do not forget to season with cream. To do this, slightly heat the dairy product, beat a little and pour into each serving. Bon Appetit!
Broccoli and cauliflower puree soup with cheese
Broccoli alone is good, but great in tandem with cauliflower. And if you add delicate cheese to these two vegetables, you get just a culinary masterpiece. In fact, you can cook many interesting dishes with these products, but since we are talking today about soups, we will make it.
- Two types of cabbage: cauliflower and broccoli, 300 g each;
- 300 ml of vegetable broth;
- 200 ml of fresh milk;
- 75 g of hard cheese;
- 3 tbsp. l. vegetable oil;
- 1 onion head;
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- Pour oil into a saucepan with a thick bottom and fry the chopped onion and cloves of garlic there;
- When the vegetables acquire a golden hue, add two types of cabbage to them, disassembled into inflorescences. If you had the cabbage frozen, then first you need to defrost it. Fry the inflorescences for 3-5 minutes, set the heat to medium;
- Add flour to the pan, mix everything thoroughly;
- Pour in the preheated milk and then the broth. Season with salt and pepper to taste;
- Bring the contents of the saucepan to a boil, reduce the gas to a minimum and cook the dish for at least a quarter of an hour;
- Use a slotted spoon to remove slightly less than half of the vegetables from the soup. Grind the contents of the pan with a blender until smooth;
- Place the container with the resulting puree on the gas, add the grated cheese there. Stirring constantly, cook the mixture until the cheese dissolves;
- Return whole vegetables to the soup, stir the dish and serve on plates.
It is recommended to garnish the plates with thin slices of cheese and herbs before serving.
Broccoli and spinach puree soup
Broccoli pairs very well with spinach, and when combined, these two vegetables will help create a very healthy first course.
- Broccoli - 200 g;
- Fresh spinach - 150 g;
- Fresh potatoes (large) - 2 pcs.;
- Onions, carrots, 1 pc.;
- Thin slices of bacon - 80-100 g;
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp l.;
- Salt, spices, lemon juice to your taste.
- Rinse the spinach leaves and kale thoroughly. Disassemble the broccoli into individual florets;
- Peel the potatoes, cut into small squares;
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and fry the bacon in it until it has a pleasant golden hue;
- Remove the bacon from the pan and fry finely chopped onions and carrots in the same oil;
- Take a medium-sized saucepan, pour about 1 liter of hot water into it. Place the potatoes and sauteed vegetables in the liquid.
- When the root vegetable is cooked, add the cabbage to the pan, cook for 5-7 minutes and lay the spinach;
- Cook all the ingredients for about 10 minutes, add salt and spices to taste, a little lemon juice;
- After that, you can remove the dishes with the first course from the stove and, wielding a blender, turn all the ingredients into a puree.
It is recommended to serve such a soup warm, garnished with fried bacon, fresh herbs and lemon wedges. Thanks to the aroma of bacon, the dish acquires a very spicy note.
Now you know the different ways to make broccoli pureed soups. Which one to create in your own kitchen is up to you. Bon Appetit!