Table of contents:
- The benefits of cauliflower
- Classic cauliflower puree soup
- Cauliflower soup with mushrooms
- Lean cauliflower puree soup
- Cauliflower soup with shrimps
- Cauliflower puree soup with cheese
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Difficulty Medium Publication author Inna Nosulya IN
All vegetables benefit the human body, however, among them there are those that are undesirable to eat for various diseases. But everyone is allowed to eat cauliflower vegetable soup.
The benefits of cauliflower
Doctors advise to include her in the diet for children, people with pathologies of the digestive system, who are overweight. Pediatricians even advise starting to introduce complementary foods to babies with this product.
Inflorescences of this type of cabbage:
- easily absorbed in the body;
- improve the functioning of the digestive system;
- strengthen the walls of blood vessels;
- help prevent the development of cancer cells;
- contain folic acid and vitamins B1, B6, which has a positive effect on the development of the fetus when carrying a child;
- rich in acids - malic, citric, tartronic, pectin, vitamins C, A, PP, proteins, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron.
Despite all these positive properties, not everyone prefers to include such a vegetable in their diet. Probably due to the fact that you need to be able to cook it correctly. If you just boil cabbage, it will not seem very tasty, but soups made from it according to special recipes will show its excellent taste.
Cauliflower puree soup is distinguished by the most delicate texture and pleasant taste. The secret is that potatoes are often placed in it, and in combination with cabbage, they give a very delicate and original taste. There are some of the best recipes for this dish. The hostess can use all of them, depending on which way of cooking she likes and what products she has in the kitchen.
Classic cauliflower puree soup
This recipe will appeal to lovers of sour cream and mustard.
- potatoes - 2 pcs.;
- cauliflower inflorescences - 0.5 kg;
- 1 onion;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- frying oil;
- Bay leaf;
- mustard seeds;
- sour cream;
- hard cheese;
- Put the inflorescences in boiling water for 10 minutes. At the end of cooking, add a little salt.
- Chop the peeled onions and garlic cloves, take a deep saucepan with a thick bottom, add oil and fry the ingredients until transparent.
- Add bay leaves, potatoes to them, pour in 100 ml of water (take from the container where the cabbage was boiling), simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Put the boiled inflorescences with all other vegetables, cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf, pour the soup into a blender, grind until creamy.
- After that, put the dish back into the pan, add a tablespoon of mustard, 50 g sour cream.
- If the puree comes out very thick, you can pour in a small amount of vegetable broth.
- Stir the dish well, season with salt and heat, remove from the stove before it boils.
- When serving, sprinkle with finely chopped cilantro, grated cheese and croutons.
Cauliflower soup with mushrooms
Cauliflower and mushrooms will add a rich aroma to the soup. This food is very nutritious, gives a feeling of fullness, but at the same time it is dietary and low in calories.
- potatoes - 1 pc.;
- half an onion;
- 2 zucchini;
- half a medium sized head of cauliflower;
- dried mushrooms - 150 g;
- 1 tbsp. l. olive oil;
- white pepper;
- Soak the mushrooms in warm water for 10-15 minutes so that they become slightly soaked and swollen.
- Fry chopped onions in a saucepan, add potatoes after 2 minutes, and stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Cut the zucchini into cubes and place with the rest of the ingredients in a saucepan.
- Previously, it is recommended to cut the peel from the vegetable so that the soup turns out to be a delicate creamy color, without a green tint.
- Chop the cabbage into small pieces and place in a saucepan.
- Send the mushrooms along with the water in which they were lying there.
- Season with salt, cover and simmer vegetables for about 15 minutes.
- Season the cauliflower soup with grated nutmeg, white pepper, and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Beat the prepared mass with a blender.
Lean cauliflower puree soup
For fasting individuals, a recipe for Lean Cauliflower Soup is a great find. Everyone else can use it as a light meal.
- 2.5 liters of drinking water;
- 4 small potatoes;
- medium head of cauliflower;
- 1 onion and 1 carrot;
- 3 tomatoes;
- a tablespoon of flour;
- vegetable oil;
- black pepper;
- Peel and dice the potatoes, place in a saucepan with boiling water. Cook covered for up to 20 minutes.
- Pour boiling water over the tomatoes, hold for 1 minute, then cool and peel them off.
- Grind with a grater.
- Divide the cabbage into inflorescences, wash and chop the onion, grate the carrots.
- In a frying pan, fry the onions and carrots in oil for three minutes.
- Then send tomatoes and flour to them, mix well, simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Put the roast and the main ingredient in a saucepan.
- Cook vegetables covered for 10 minutes.
- Grind the vegetable soup with cauliflower in a blender.
- Serve with chopped fresh herbs.
Cauliflower soup with shrimps
Almost all national cuisines of the world have recipes for first courses with shrimp. They will perfectly complement the cream of cauliflower soup.
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- cauliflower (weighing about 1 kg);
- 1 onion;
- 1, 5 - 2 liters of water;
- parsley and dill;
- 150 g shrimp;
- Prepare the main vegetable, disassemble it into inflorescences and cut into cubes.
- Chop the garlic and onion, quickly fry them in oil.
- Put pieces of cabbage to them, add water, cover and, after boiling, simmer for 10 minutes. Pour cream into a container. It's good if they are greasy.
- Beat the resulting mass with a blender until the consistency of puree.
- Bring to a boil again and keep on low heat for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate saucepan, boil the shrimps, lightly salt, then peel.
- When serving, sprinkle the soup with grated cheese.
- Top with shrimps and sprinkle with fresh herbs.
Cauliflower puree soup with cheese
Chicken soup cooked with cauliflower and cheese will be appetizing and satisfying - these products go well with each other and give the dish a unique taste.
- 1 chicken breast;
- cauliflower - 1 pc. medium size;
- 1 pc onions and carrots;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- celery stalk - 1 pc.;
- soft processed cheese 400 g;
- black peppercorns;
- a bunch of parsley;
- Wash the chicken, cook it for half an hour.
- Prepare vegetables. Put whole onion and garlic cloves, coarsely chopped carrots and celery, parsley sticks into the broth.
- While the water is boiling, remove the foam, salt, add 5 peppercorns.
- When the breast is cooked, remove it from the pan, chop it or manually cut it into pieces.
- Strain the broth through a strainer, discard everything except the carrots.
- Put the cabbage disassembled into inflorescences in the broth, cook for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat, grind in a blender, then cook again until boiling.
- Add processed cheese (if it is hard, you must first grate it).
- This makes a cheese soup with cauliflower. Stir the dish well so that the cheese is completely dissolved.
- After boiling, remove the pan from heat.
- Pieces of chicken can be put directly into the soup or already reported when serving.
- Sprinkle chicken soup on bowls with parsley leaves.
Following the recipes above, try different options for making delicious and dietary meals. You will definitely like some. And such a healthy vegetable will appear on your table more often, which will certainly have a beneficial effect on both your health and the health of all family members.