Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Difficulty Medium Author of the publication Tatyana Labazova TL
How sometimes you want to eat a cake with tea! And of course, the sand tart comes to mind first. And not without reason: such pies are crumbly and very tasty thanks to the special dough. How to knead it?
Making shortcrust pastry for the pie is very simple. The secret is that margarine and sugar make it crispy and tender, while eggs and soda make it soft and crumbly.
The best way to knead the dough is in a bowl or on a large board with a knife. You can knead it with your hands to achieve uniformity. But it is worth considering that this type of test does not tolerate long-term manipulations with it. So it can lose its properties.
The thinner the layer, the crisper the baked goods will be. This dough can be used to make not only pies, but also muffins, cookies and other baked goods.
Fruit baked goods
It's hard to pick out the best recipe for shortbread pastry for a birthday cake. The main ingredients are similar, but the consistency of the formulation and additional ingredients may differ. This gives flavor to each type of baked goods.
Shortcrust pastry apple pie is perhaps the most popular type of baked goods. To prepare it, you will need the simplest set of products, which are sure to be found in the refrigerator of every housewife.
- 2.5 cups flour;
- a glass of sugar;
- 200 g margarine or butter;
- 3 eggs;
- Sift 2.5 cups of wheat flour.
- Add to it half a teaspoon of baking soda with vinegar, the same amount of salt and a glass of sugar.
- Grate margarine on a coarse grater. In total, you will need about 200 g.
- You can use plain butter. Periodically sprinkle it with flour and sugar.
- When the mass becomes more or less dense, we take a knife and chop it.
- Add 1 egg and 2 more yolks. We continue to cut. If it's uncomfortable, you can wrinkle it with your hands.
- Divide the resulting dough into two parts. The bottom should be slightly larger. Knead the dough with your fingers in a greased form.
- If there are small gaps, it's okay.
- Put apples cut into thin slices on top. There must be at least two layers.
- Can be lightly sprinkled with sugar.
- Cover with the second cake on top. We put in the oven to bake at 200 degrees for 35 minutes.
- During this time, beat whites with lemon and 100 g of sugar.
- After 25 minutes, fill the cake with a tight mass and set it to brown for another 10 minutes. After this, the meringue should cool in the oven.
During berry ripening season, try making a shortcrust cherry pie. With such a filling, you can try a slightly different recipe with a denser composition.
- 3 cups flour;
- 0.5 tsp soda;
- 100 g butter;
- 100 g of sugar;
- half a glass of sour cream;
- 2 eggs;
- Take 3 cups of sifted flour, mix with quenched soda (0.5 tsp) and half a glass of sugar.
- Grind 100 grams of butter separately with the same amount of sugar.
- Add half a glass of sour cream and 2 eggs. Mix the resulting composition with flour, add salt.
- Divide the dough in half. Roll out one piece and place in the mold.
- Sort fresh cherries, separate tails and seeds (optional). Spread evenly over the cake.
- Sprinkle with sugar. Roll a thin sausage from the second part of the dough.
- Use it to decorate the top of the future product with a "lattice".
- You can make curls, flowers and other shapes from the dough. Bake for 30-40 minutes at 200 degrees.
In general, there are incredibly many options for fruit filling.
- fruit jam;
- exotic fruits (pineapple, kiwi, banana, citrus);
- berries, etc.
You can fill pies not only with fruits and berries. You can use sour cream, cottage cheese, nuts, pumpkin and many other delicious products for this.
- 1 yolk;
- 200 g of sugar;
- 250 g of butter;
- 2 lemons.
- The flour mixed with soda must be sieved and collected in a pile. Grind four yolks with 200 g of sugar and salt until white.
- Add 250 g of butter, grind.
- We cool the mass in the refrigerator, then pour the mixture into the flour, into the depression in the center of the slide.
- We chop everything with a knife to a state of small crumbs.
- One half of the mass is scattered evenly over the shape.
- Lemon mass is prepared for the filling. To do this, 2 lemons are passed through a meat grinder or chopped with a blender along with the zest. The bones must be removed in advance.
- Add a glass of sugar and knead. We spread the mixture onto the dough.
- Sprinkle on top with the second half of the grains.
- Smooth slightly. You need to bake for about half an hour at a temperature of 220 degrees.
- Oranges can be used instead of lemons. But it is worth considering that they are much sweeter.
- Therefore, the amount of sugar must be reduced by half or three times. The zest can be left.
- But it is better to cut off the white layer to remove excess bitterness.
- 3 eggs;
- half a glass of sugar;
- 100 g margarine;
- 1, 5 Art. flour;
- This pie is made from chopped shortcrust pastry with the addition of nuts. Knead the dough on the table: a mixture of crushed yolks of 3 eggs, half a glass of sugar and 100 grams of margarine, add to 1, 5 tbsp. flour with soda. We chop everything with a knife.
- Then we roll it out into a round layer and lay it out in a mold.
- Sprinkle on top with crushed walnuts (200 grams) mixed with 100 grams of sugar.
- Pour whipped egg whites with 100 grams of granulated sugar on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 200 degrees.
Another interesting type of baking is shortcrust pastry pumpkin pie. Its peculiarity is that part of the filling is added directly to the dough.
- 200 g margarine;
- 2, 5 Art. flour;
- 100 g of sugar;
- 2 eggs;
- Take 200 grams of margarine and rub it into a bowl with 2.5 cups of flour.
- Add 100 g of sugar, soda with vinegar and a little salt.
- Drive in 2 eggs.
- Three third of the amount of pumpkin taken on a fine grater and mix with the dough. You will get a nice orange hue.
- Divide the dough in half. We level the shape with fingers soaked in water.
- For the filling, three leftover pumpkin on a grater and add 100 grams of sugar. The amount of pumpkin depends on personal taste.
- If you are not a fan of such filling, you can make a thin layer. The pumpkin flavor will not be felt in the dough. Additionally, you can add walnuts (about half a glass-glass).
Each recipe is a real find. The filling is also important. Pies can be not only tasty, but also healthy. Delicious tea with pies!