Table of contents:
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Difficulty Medium Publication author Kristina Dubrova KD
Yeast dough is one of the most popular options, as the most delicious pastries are made from it. Today, instead of traditional fresh yeast, a different ingredient is used. This is dry yeast. They have some distinctive features, thanks to which it is possible to achieve such a good result when kneading the dough.
Features of yeast dough
What is so different about dry yeast dough? In fact, the principle of its mixing remains unchanged, but due to the use of dry material, it is possible to reduce the time allotted for the approach of the mixture.
Standard yeast dough for buns or other baked goods can be prepared in two ways: sponge and non-steamed. In the first case, a liquid mixture of water or milk, yeast, a sweetener and a small amount of flour is infused in a warm place in order to activate fermentation.
After that, the rest of the ingredients are loaded, and the mass is suitable for some more time. This process can be shortened thanks to the safety method. In this case, the yeast is diluted with warm water and the dough is kneaded with the full volume of the components. It also needs to be insisted in a warm place. If you plan to leave it overnight, you can use the French method and refrigerate it. This time will be enough to complete the processes even in cold conditions.
Dry yeast is more active than soft fresh yeast. That is why it takes less time to cook. In addition, very few of them are required, but the effect is achieved no worse.
Everyone loves pizza. You can cook it at home without much hassle.
- dry yeast;
- vegetable oil.
- Start by taking flour and sifting it into a bowl. Add some salt and stir. You will also need a small amount of sugar, literally 1 - 2 tsp.
- For one kilogram of flour, a small bag of dry yeast will be enough, which also need to be distributed among the dry ingredients.
- The recipe involves the use of warm water. You will not need more liquid components, with the exception of vegetable oil. Knead a mass that is not too dense, but not liquid consistency.
- Put it in a warm place and after a few hours you can cook your pizza.
- To make a dough that is elastic enough to roll out, crush a suitable mass from time to time.
- Pour in a little vegetable oil each time to keep it from sticking to your hands.
The base will turn out to be bland, which allows you to use it for any filling: meat, vegetarian, fruit or seafood. Try to roll it out as thin as possible, otherwise the crust will fit in the oven, and you will get a thick piece of bread and you will not feel the filling on top.
The dough especially for pies with dry yeast is very popular. If you want to please your family with delicious pies, it is not at all necessary to get up early in the morning to knead the dough and prepare all the necessary products. In fact, you can manage it in just a few hours, and half of this time will be free for you.
Almost any product from your refrigerator can serve as a filling for pies:
- cottage cheese;
- egg and greens;
- feta cheese;
- fruits and berries.
Many people are not averse to trying whitewash with juicy meat. A simple method of making dough is also quite suitable for them.
- Try to cook it in a safe way. To do this, mix the liquid ingredients first. Kefir should be at room temperature, and warm water should be heated. Mix them in a 2: 1 ratio.
- You need to dissolve a couple of teaspoons of yeast and sugar in the liquid. Pour oil here.
- Make a heap of flour (4 parts to 1 part liquid) and salt. Start mixing liquid in the center. Hands can be greased with vegetable oil to prevent the dough from sticking. Put the mass in a warm place for a couple of hours or in the refrigerator overnight.
This recipe is suitable both for cooking in the oven and in a pan. Keep in mind that a small amount of oil for frying will lead to the fact that the pies simply absorb all the fat, and the crust will not be crispy enough.
But to make the base for the buns, you will need more sugar.
Yeast loves sweet environments, but it's important not to interrupt fermentation here, so it's best to use dough.
- dry yeast;
- First you need to mix warm milk (1 cup) and a couple of spoons of dry yeast.
- Add a tablespoon of sugar and dissolve. Stir in a little flour and leave for at least half an hour.
- When the dough is covered with bubbles and becomes fluffy, you can knead the dough directly to make buns with dry yeast.
- To do this, add 3 cups flour and 100 grams of softened butter to a bowl. You will also need about a glass of sugar and vanilla. If you want to bake raisin buns, you will need to add it after the first kneading.
This recipe can be changed by setting a different amount of sugar. If you add sour cream or yolks, the products turn out to be more tender, but you should not overdo it with the components so as not to get the opposite effect.
If you slightly modify the recipe for the dough for dry yeast pies, you can get an equally tasty base for pies. You want to achieve a fuller and crisper texture. To do this, add an egg and margarine to the recipe for a regular yeast dough.
- It is better to knead all the same on the dough. Eggs are added to the already approached primary mass, like margarine.
- For 1 glass of liquid, you need to add 1 egg and 50 g of margarine.
- The more suitable the dough, the tastier the baked goods will be.
- You can cook pies closed, with "weaving" on the filling, or as a tart with a completely open filling.
Excellent options for filling will be:
- chopped meat;
- egg and sour cream filling;
- cottage cheese;
- cherry, etc.
Whichever version of the test you choose, follow the basic rules when working with yeast, even if it is a dry component.
Do not use liquid that is too hot or throw in a lot of sugar at once.
Bon appetit and delicious pastries!