Table of contents:
- Thin and crunchy waffles
- Soft waffles
- Classic Viennese waffles
- Crumbly with butter
- Blueberry waffles
- Salted waffles with cheese
- Waffles with whipped sour cream
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Difficulty Medium Author of the publication Irina Demyanchuk ID
Waffles with sour cream are easy to cook at home, even for those who rarely find themselves in the kitchen wearing a chef's hat and apron. The main conditions are to strictly follow the cooking instructions and choose quality products in the required quantity. For cooking, a waffle iron is used - old, Soviet-style or new - it doesn't matter. Some recipes use a conventional oven.
Thin and crunchy waffles
The finished dish turns out to be thin, crunchy, it can be combined with any additives.
- chicken egg - 3 pcs.;
- granulated sugar - 180-190 g;
- wheat flour - 150 g;
- medium fat sour cream - 230-240 g;
- creamy margarine (you can take another one, but not for puff pastry) - 140-145 g;
- baking soda - 2 g.
- Chop the margarine into small pieces, put in a glass container and place in a warm place - for example, near a boiling pot, so that it becomes soft.
- In no case should it be melted or boiled over a fire.
- Add soda to sour cream at room temperature (you need to get it out of the refrigerator in about an hour beforehand). It does not need to be quenched with acid.
- Break the eggs into a wide glass container and grind them white together with granulated sugar so that no grains of sand remain in the resulting liquid.
- Mix all three of the resulting masses.
- Gradually add the sifted flour in small portions. It is advisable to move the spoon from the bottom up, and not just in a circle.
- Make sure that the liquid is smooth and free of lumps.
You do not need to insist on the prepared dough, you can immediately proceed to the main thing - baking.
Heat the waffle iron, add a teaspoon of the mass and bake for 1-1, 5 minutes.
Place the finished products on plates lined with clean paper to keep them crispy.
This dessert goes well with butter cream.
- flour - 210 g;
- chicken eggs - 3 pcs.;
- food baking powder - 15 g;
- sour cream - 240 g;
- freshly squeezed lemon juice - 10 ml;
- vanilla powder - 2 g;
- granulated sugar - 135 g;
- sweet soy sauce - 20 ml. In the absence of this ingredient, you can use a pinch of regular table salt.
- Well, until frothy, beat eggs with granulated sugar in a wide and deep bowl.
- Gradually add sour cream and sauce in small portions or add salt.
- Whisk vigorously with a whisk or fork until smooth.
- Add 105 g flour and stir again.
- Put baking powder in a spoon and extinguish with juice and send everything to a bowl.
- Now add the remaining flour in small portions and knead the dough using the spoon vertically.
Put a small amount of the mixture in a heated electric waffle iron and bake the waffles until golden brown. The finished products must be covered with a lid, otherwise they will dry out and become crispy on top, not soft.
Classic Viennese waffles
It is better to cook this dish in the oven and use silicone molds. A freshly prepared dessert will be crispy, but after half an hour it will become soft and airy.
- potato or corn starch - 180 g;
- eggs (large) - 4 pcs;
- wheat flour - 190 g;
- sour cream - 90 g;
- icing sugar - 110 g;
- baking powder - 5 g;
- vanilla essence or natural cinnamon (optional) - 0.5 g.
- Sift flour and starch.
- Add baking powder and salt there.
- Separate the yolks from the proteins.
- Beat the whites with a mixer until a thick elastic foam is formed, put them in a cold place.
- Separately grind the yolks with sour cream, gradually adding powder to them, until a frothy liquid forms.
- Continuing to stir, add the flour component little by little.
- When the mass acquires a uniform color, gently add the whipped egg whites.
Distribute the dough into silicone molds and place in an electric or gas oven preheated to 190-200 ° C for about 6 minutes. The baking time may vary depending on the state and power of the oven, therefore, the future delicacy must be constantly monitored, checking the readiness with a toothpick or wooden skewer.
It is recommended to serve dessert with fresh fruits or berries, cottage cheese or butter cream, uncooked condensed milk.
Crumbly with butter
Products according to this recipe are crumbly and delicate, but at the same time not very thin.
- butter (if necessary, you can replace it with a spread or margarine) - 240 g;
- medium-sized eggs - 4 pcs.;
- low-fat sour cream - 65-70 g;
- wheat flour - 140 g;
- powdered sugar - 140 g;
- salt - 2 g;
- baking soda - 1 g;
- vanillin (for flavor) - one sachet.
- Cut the butter or spread into pieces, melt a little in a water bath, but do not boil.
- Pour in the powder, vanillin and beat thoroughly with a mixer until a homogeneous liquid gruel is obtained.
- Pour in the yolks and process again with a mixer.
- Whisk the whites separately, after washing and drying the whisk.
- Pour sour cream into the mass, add soda and salt, then beat.
- Without turning off the appliance, gradually add flour.
- Finally, add the protein and knead everything well.
Wait for the waffle iron to fully heat up and start baking. Creams made from boiled condensed milk, whipped cream, or cottage cheese are ideal for such waffles.
Often, the products are wrapped in a tube and then filled with the desired filling using a cooking syringe or a plastic bag cut at the tip.
This dessert is perfect for a summer breakfast, although frozen berries can also be used. The main thing is not to damage their structure during work.
- butter - 90 g;
- fat sour cream - 120 g;
- wheat flour - 185 g;
- fresh or thawed blueberries - 130 g;
- powdered sugar - 65 g (if the berry is sour, you can increase the amount);
- baking powder - incomplete teaspoon;
- cow's milk - 135 ml;
- large egg - 1 pc;
- food salt - a pinch.
- Chop the butter and leave in a warm room to soften.
- Put sugar and an egg in it, then beat thoroughly with a mixer or by hand with a whisk.
- Pour in dairy products and mix well.
- Sift flour, loosen, soda, salt and send to the same container.
- Knead to a homogeneous batter.
- Now carefully introduce the berries (they should be at room temperature, not cold).
Pour the resulting mass into a heated waffle iron in small portions and bake until tender (about 1-2 minutes). At first, it is better to put the finished dish on the grates and let it cool completely, and only then grease it with filler.
Whipped cream with fresh blueberries is perfect for this purpose, and special lovers of sweets can also pour maple syrup on top of the treat.
Salted waffles with cheese
For those who do not like sweets, this recipe is suitable.
- "Russian" cheese - 110 g;
- flour - 240 g;
- sunflower (or olive) oil - 70 ml;
- medium fat sour cream - 280 g;
- baking powder - a full teaspoon;
- medium-sized eggs - 3 pcs.;
- semolina - 75 g;
- food salt - 1 g.
- Set the sour cream out of the refrigerator for one hour to keep it cool.
- Mix it with semolina and leave at room temperature again for the same period to swell.
- Grate hard cheese on a fine grater.
- Beat butter with eggs until fluffy.
- Add baking powder and salt.
- Add the egg-oil mixture to a bowl with swollen semolina.
- Stir in grated cheese.
- Gradually, in small portions, add flour and knead the dough.
Preheat the waffle iron, put the required amount of dough on it and bake until tender (two minutes). The waffles should be thick, so do not regret it when pouring the dough.
The ready-made dish is combined with cheese, sausage, peanut or butter, spicy snack pastes. It is served with sweet tea or coffee.
Waffles with whipped sour cream
The baked goods are tender, crumbly and crispy. However, cooking is more difficult than the previous options.
- flour - 360 g;
- eggs - 6 pcs;
- thick sour cream - 375 g;
- granulated sugar - 65 g;
- lemon juice - 5 ml;
- vanillin (optional) - one package.
- Separate the whites from the yolks, add the lemon juice and beat in a cool foam, put in the refrigerator.
- Place a bowl of sour cream in a bowl of ice and beat until it doubles in size.
- Add yolks, sugar, vanilla and stir.
- When the mixture is smooth, gradually add the flour.
- Then add the protein, stirring the dough from bottom to top.
Put two teaspoons of the mass in a heated waffle iron and bake until tender.
The resulting waffles do not need to be stuffed right away, it is better to wait until they cool down. Any cream is used as a filling - butter, curd, cream, berry, fruit, from condensed milk, etc.
You can also stuff them with unsweetened toppings (such as cheese cream). But in this case, sugar and vanilla are removed from the ingredients. Happy experiments!