Table of contents:
- How is boiled condensed milk made at home?
- Banana waffle cake
- How to quickly make nuts with boiled condensed milk?
- How can you cook nuts?
2023 Author: Alfred Shackley | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 13:14
Difficulty Medium Publication author Andrey Belousov AB
Boiled condensed milk is a favorite delicacy of all those with a sweet tooth. We all remember how we waited for cookies or waffles greased with this cream. Now in stores there is a ready-made product called "toffee". But the taste is not at all the same. What is the way out? Learn how to make boiled condensed milk from ordinary condensed milk right at home!
How is boiled condensed milk made at home?
It would seem that it is not difficult to cook condensed milk! And not quite … Firstly, it is not done so quickly, and secondly, you need to endure it and not eat it before it is ready!
So, to make boiled condensed milk, you will need, first of all, to choose the right ordinary one. Compliance with GOS-standards is a relative matter, look at the composition. In order for the product to thicken and caramelize, it should only consist of milk and sugar.
Additives in the form of various fats, thickeners and oils are the first sign that the filling can come out of such ordinary condensed milk and simply spread over the cake.
You can also take cream with sugar - they are often sold near condensed milk and caramel.
Their plus is that only sugar and cream are included in the composition. At the same time, the cream is of a high percentage of fat. Such a product itself is thicker and lends itself better to heat treatment. And at home, we just need it.
Having chosen milk, we proceed to cooking. It should be kept on fire for at least 3 hours. In this case, the jar must be placed in a pan with a water level above the level of the jar and constantly add liquid. If the volume of water is insufficient, the can will explode. After that, the jar should be taken out and placed in cold water to cool. Attention! It is important that the sweet milk has cooled completely, as it will also spread hot when it is hot.
What can be made of boiled condensed milk?
In fact, there are many uses for your favorite treat. You can use it as an interlayer for cakes, cake cream, or as a filling for cookies and waffles. Boiled filling can be put into pancakes or served with pancakes, make crème brлеlée or custard cakes, or even just spread on bread. The gastronomic delights of this sweetness are only multiplied in each case.
If you are going to make a homemade or waffle cake, but you don’t know how to make cream from boiled condensed milk or you doubt your abilities, follow the simplest recipe!
- 2/3 of a two-hundred-gram pack,
- a can of boiled condensed milk.
- soften the butter. To do this, first remove it from the refrigerator so that it reaches room temperature and becomes soft, but does not start to spread. You can just put it in water - so it will defrost and not melt;
- beat with a mixer until a homogeneous viscous mass - literally a minute or two;
- mix both ingredients and whisk again. It is recommended to beat for about five minutes and at high speed;
- put in the refrigerator for 20 minutes;
- the cream is ready!
If you do not plan to use the mass as a filling or cream for a cake, then you can immediately transfer it to a bowl and serve.
For culinary experiments at home, this recipe is universal, since the filling is prepared very quickly, requires low financial costs and, most importantly, is much easier to prepare than custard. It goes well with mastic, does not spread under weight and is excellently covered with chocolate. It is also good for filling biscuits and versatile for bizet. In a word, all the delicacies of childhood are built on one simple cream!
How to make a simple waffle cake with boiled condensed milk
Waffle cakes, greased with condensed milk, are probably the most popular dessert among those with a sweet tooth. All of us in childhood were spoiled like this. It's time to make a simple sweet ourselves.
- two packs of simple wafer cakes, you can multi-colored;
- homemade toffee, prepared according to the above composition;
- oil - 2/3 pack.
- We mix condensed milk with butter, as in the previous recipe.
- Densely grease the cakes with condensed milk and put them one by one.
- We put the blank in the refrigerator for several hours to feed and let the cakes soften a little.
- We take out and eat! Optionally, you can add nuts to the cake.
As you can see, the composition is extremely simple, but the pleasure is the sea!
Banana waffle cake
Also a delicious addition to the table will be a waffle cake with a similar filling and bananas.
- wafer cakes;
- boiled filling according to the recipe described above;
- banana - 3 pcs.
Although not all add oil to such a cream. Some people like to just grease the cake.
- Grease the cakes one by one. But in this case, on the third and penultimate cake layers, we make a layer of banana;
- To do this, crush 2 bananas with a fork in a separate bowl, but not completely. The banana mass must be made soft, but not to a puree state, otherwise it will greatly soak the cake;
- Add some cinnamon and vanilla sugar to the banana;
- We grease the cake with which we will cover the banana with condensed milk, but from below. The cakes should be equally nourished. And so that there are no gustatory holes in your cake, the cakes need to be lubricated absolutely everything;
- We also lubricate the sides and top;
- Cut one banana into slices, put on the top;
- We put the cake in the refrigerator for 2 hours so that it can harden and soften slightly;
- We take it out of the refrigerator, cut it and enjoy it!
It is worth noting that marmalade is often used instead of butter. To do this, the usual marmalade slices are finely cut and sprinkled on each layer. Marmalade performs a form-retaining function in the interlayer, however, the waffle cake gets a very interesting flavor note. Children will be especially delighted.
How to quickly make nuts with boiled condensed milk?
Since Soviet times, almost every chef has a waffle iron and a hazelnut in the house. Once they got them for every holiday: a wedding, a birthday, or just a loud sabantuy. Wafer delicacies with condensed milk were set in front of the dear guests. But nuts among this sweet variety take their rightful place. Why? Yes, because the dough at home is easy to prepare, the filling is too, they are baked quickly and you get a lot of nuts.
So, having taken out the good old hazelnut from the pantry, we look at what is included in the preparation of the delicacy.
- 3 full, but without a slide, glasses of flour;
- boiled homemade toffee according to the recipe described above;
- 200 g butter, 100 g - for filling, 100 g - for dough for nuts;
- a teaspoon of baking soda;
- sugar - a quarter cup;
- eggs - 2 pieces;
- sour cream - 100 g.
- Soften the oil, but not to a semi-liquid state. To do this, first remove it from the refrigerator and put it in water. Then making a homogeneous mass will be as easy as shelling pears.
- Add boiled toffee to it.
- Beat the resulting mass with a mixer for 5 minutes at maximum speed.
- Refrigerate to thicken.
- To make cookie dough, soften the butter and cut into medium sized pieces.
- Beat eggs thoroughly together with sugar until it is completely dissolved.
- We extinguish the soda and put it in beaten eggs.
- We put sour cream there.
- We mix.
- Melt the butter cut into pieces for a minute or two over the fire. You can also use a water bath, but it takes longer. Add butter to the eggs.
- We knead well.
- Gradually add flour. Attention! It is important to pour in the flour little by little, stirring the dough and keeping an eye on its consistency so as not to sprinkle flour.
- The dough should come out whole but soft. However, by no means firm. Should not stick to your hands.
How can you cook nuts?
Depends on what kind of hazel you have: electric or ordinary.
In any case, the hazelnut should be generously greased with sunflower oil - each mold so that the dough does not stick and detaches well from the bottom. Then put the mold to glow.
Next, you need to make balls for nuts. Let's say right away that there is no uniform size in which it would be advisable to roll balls. All that can be said is to make small balls. But the catch is this: if the balls are too large, the nuts will spread and stick together, you will have to cut the edges. And if they are too small, the molds will not reach the edges and the nuts will not be able to glue them together. Therefore, make a trial batch of cookies to determine the optimal ball size.
Place a ball in a mold, cover with a top lid and press down. Cookies are fried for a few minutes. Opening the mold, shake out the blanks onto a plate and add a new portion.
While it is fried, grease the nuts with boiled condensed mass. You can also put a walnut in the middle. Bon Appetit!